September Weekday Overnighter???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, the weather is looking good for this week. B)

Tomorrow morning (Monday, September 21), I will be at the Monroe Starbucks in the Albertson's Plaza (east end of town). I leave at 10am (I have to take care of business in the morning!). If you'd like to go, please be all gassed up. This could be a 3-4 day trip. I need to be back Thursday night or Friday late morning.

I will be camping 1 or 2 days, motel the rest. Eating at restaurants.

Fairly leisure pace... I'd like to enjoy the journey.

We'll be travelling the route that Pawtracks mapped out above (more or less).

See yall tomorrow! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm baaaaaaacccckkk!

I left Monroe at 10:30am on Monday, arrived home safe and sound at 9pm Thursday... 1200 miles the richer. I know this trip could be done much faster, but I stopped a lot and rode along at a comfortable 50-55mph or slower. The smell of sage and the fields of alfalfa, etc. were wonderful. The people that I met were pretty cool... most of them were avid sportsmen (hunting, fishing, etc.). I really didn't encounter any road dangerous critters because I rode from mid-morning to about 6pm. No traffic. Hardly any revenuers. Lots of rooms at motels and parks were fairly empty. And no mosquitos! Cool! :yahoo:

I deviated a bit from the original ride plan. I extended the Canada loop. Four days of twisties! :yahoo:

First day, I rode to and camped at Fort Spokane State Park. $10 fee. Dirt & pine needles & no showers.

Second day, I rode to and stayed in a motel in Kaslo, BC. Very nice folks. Motorcycle friendly. $35 USD

Third day, I rode to and camped at Curlew Lake State Park. $19 fee. Nice grassy areas for tenting, showers.

Full story later. :clapping:

The route

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice route Steven..., I've done all that more than a couple of times and they're great roads.

Now you'll have to go back up to the Kootenays and do B.C. 6 from Vernon to Nakusp. That is perhaps my favorite road up in that area. A great m/c friendly cafe, hangout at Fauquier just east of the (free) ferry.

If you go up B.C. 33 through Beaverdell (oldest saloon in B.C.) you'll miss alot of traffic on 97.

You know you'll go back! ;)

I will ride that route next time.

I think I'm going to take my wife in the car to the Republic area next month. She likes to collect rocks for her little rock garden.

I'm baaaaaaacccckkk!
First day, I rode to and camped at Fort Spokane State Park. $10 fee. Dirt & pine needles & no showers.

Second day, I rode to and stayed in a motel in Kaslo, BC. Very nice folks. Motorcycle friendly. $35 USD

Third day, I rode to and camped at Curlew Lake State Park. $19 fee. Nice grassy areas for tenting, showers.

Full story later. :clapping:

The route
Stephen,

Nice ride, wish I could have come along. Never get tired of those roads. I don't know about 50-55, but when alone, speed doesn't matter. I just returned from the SWFOG, and had to ride 60-65 from Ely to Elko to Twin Falls. I got 54 mpg, that's a first. Can't wait for the full write up. Will you post here or in Ride Reports and just link?

Stephen,Nice ride, wish I could have come along. Never get tired of those roads. I don't know about 50-55, but when alone, speed doesn't matter. I just returned from the SWFOG, and had to ride 60-65 from Ely to Elko to Twin Falls. I got 54 mpg, that's a first. Can't wait for the full write up. Will you post here or in Ride Reports and just link?
I've posted a link on the RIDE REPORT section.

Other than the major byways and maybe a few other places, I think I actually stayed close to 45mph most of the time. Not for any particular reason... except maybe to enjoy the scenery and the actual delight of being out on a motorcycle in nice weather.