Shorai Li battery - does it change charging rates?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the bike stored in a climate-controlled garage (at least with something that keeps the temps at bay... hot or cold)? That might explain why you aren't having LiOn cold starts that most everyone else has reported.
Bike lives in a garage at home and sits in a parking ramp at work.  So at work it would sit in 20ish degree temps for 9 hours, the parking ramp doesn't really provide any warmth.

Installed and immediate difference across many of the characteristics I've read pertaining to an Ivan Flash:

idle is still 1100rpm except now it sounds quieter and smoother

throttle has no lag and smoother roll up 

gear shifting is smoother? easier, better matched to rpm

acceleration is faster, higher

bumping over the engine with start button is nano-sec faster and immediately humming.

What gets me most is realizing how crappy I was running my bike this last year. I know the battery contacts previously were solid, saw no probs with lights on, but never measured the voltage while running.  Now happy to report a solid improvement.  All things consider, it's was the same price as Ivan's flash, which I'm still going to do one day.  Thanks for the suggestions, and the nudge this forum provides.

51416906979_36aaa9c6d3_o_d.jpg