SIN_R (Southern Indiana Ramble, SIR) May 18-21, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those locals riding in instead of staying at the hotel, we will be meeting at the Travel Lodge Fri and Sat morning around 8am and head out by 9am, weather permitting. I will be watching radar since there is still a chance of passing rain each day and provide suggestions of where to go based on the direction of the storm front. I know a little rain will be nice since temps are supposed to be in the mid-80's! I will arrive about 8am Friday morning to see who is there and what direction to ride.
bike.gif

I will be riding down Friday am from home as well. I will be able to hang and ride all day Friday then ride home that evening. Work got in the way with my riding chances on Saturday.

As the Twilight Zone episode goes: "Room for one more, honey?"

I can't stand this place anymore and need to get away. See you all at the Travelodge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Storm cells coming through Indianapolis this morning may delay my departure. I will be at the hotel by 9am, where it appears to be dry, as well as south of there

We had 5 riding today even though the forecast was not good and rain cane thru in the morning around 7am. We headed out at 9:30 and had great weather, mostly sunny skies and 80's. Had some good roads including a gem named KY1226.

We stopped for lunch at 1pm in Madison, IN and the sky looked daunting to the north where our route said we should go. Instead we headed west where it was just cloudy but the storm front changed directions and headed our way and wet got soaked for about 10 min until we got to a gas station, parked under the roof and headed inside until the rain passed. 5 min later it started to clear and we headed to the hotel.

Tomorrow looks interesting and we may have to delay heading out until after 10am. Watch here for updates in the morning if you want to join us!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got as far down as Grand Rapids, to pick up D2, but the it was cold, rainy, and looked way worse heading south.

Sorry to miss it. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with y'all soon.

I got as far down as Grand Rapids, to pick up D2, but the it was cold, rainy, and looked way worse heading south.
Sorry to miss it. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with y'all soon.
If you made it to Bloomington you would have been able to ride Friday in good temps and dry roads (except for an 8 min period near the end of the day) and all dry Saturday! There's always next year...

I had a great time
smile.png
Allen's route planning to keep us out of the rain was amazing. Good roads, great company, and five fast moving FJR's. What more could you ask for?