Single Best Farkle Ever - what have you added that you rate as #1?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Valentine one with remote display

2) Penske/AK-20

3) PCIII

Last edited by a moderator:
The Russell Day Long is by far the best farkle that I have added. The one I am less impressed with is the Penske shock and GP fork upgrade. If someone offered mt the money I had spent on these items they would be gone in an instant.

Hmm . . .

ONE best farkle EVER?

Would have to be (drum roll, please . . .)

This here list of farkles!

This newbie is beginning to understand the difference between FJR farkle sh!t & Shinola.

What I'd really like to see now are nominations for WORST farkle ever (if this is, indeed, in compliance with fjrforum decorum).

I mean, why waste my time, effort, and hard-earned (retirement) paycheck on another really GREAT piece of shit?

I would like to add my choice for favorite farkle in areas of safety, comfort and performance:

For safety: By far, FZ-1 mirrors. What a difference they make in being able to see around and

especially behind the bike; it's quite a revelation.

For comfort: Changing out the stock windshield for something larger, in my case a Cal-Sci, was

the single biggest improvement in comfort for me by eliminating the roar of the wind and

subsequent fatigue it caused.

And lastly, for performance: Having tried most of the reccommended tires, I recently installed

Pirelli Angel STs ( PR2s were on b/o at the time ) and must say they absolutely transformed the

bike. And I'm not just talking about that usual new tire feel. Neutral handling, stable at all

speeds, no shimmy at all, stick like glue and excellent feed-back. Compared to PR2s, feels like

they knocked about a hundred pounds off the bike.

I would like to add my choice for favorite farkle in areas of safety, comfort and performance:

For safety: By far, FZ-1 mirrors. What a difference they make in being able to see around and

especially behind the bike; it's quite a revelation.

For comfort: Changing out the stock windshield for something larger, in my case a Cal-Sci, was

the single biggest improvement in comfort for me by eliminating the roar of the wind and

subsequent fatigue it caused.

And lastly, for performance: Having tried most of the recommended tires, I recently installed

Pirelli Angel STs ( PR2s were on b/o at the time ) and must say they absolutely transformed the

bike. And I'm not just talking about that usual new tire feel. Neutral handling, stable at all

speeds, no shimmy at all, stick like glue and excellent feed-back. Compared to PR2s, feels like

What you describe about the Angel STs is very similar to how the Pilot Power 2CT used to feel when I ran them. The problem was they only lasted at most 2K miles. I hope the STs last longer, as I'll be buying them too.

On the FJR

1- vista throttle lock

2-GPS ram mount

3-plug to heated vest

4- rear luggage rack and passenger back rest

Best on any motorcycle anytime

1- peg lowers on Concours C10 - due to accident I could not ride without them

2-a Bakker (think 2 k's is correct?)air wing thing to the top of C10 windshield to cure helmet buffeting

Best farkles to date:

1) Cal Sci 4+4+ windshield.

2) Magnum Blaster horns (they sound like a '73 Oldsmobile and they get other driver's attention!)

3) Vista Cruise throttle lock

4) O'Neal Element Bluetooth helmet (paired with my BlackBerry, I'm able to listen to MP3 songs while having the ability to take handsfree phone calls in the calm air behind the CalSci windshield. Phone call quality is good even at 95mph with minimal ambient wind noise.)

Powerlet and Gerbings.

Totally changed my riding season. Now I ride all winter and do all of my down time work/maintenance in August.

Updating to add:

Columbia neck gaiter - designed for skiing, but should add some nice extra warmth for riding... :)

Okay, I'll bite.

Garmin GPS III - The numbers are big enough that I can actually SEE how fast I'm going, instead of squinting at the speedo, or doing the bifocal nod.

And you can get'em on Fleabay for about 20 bucks(he-he)

Yea, and the FZ-1 mirrors are #2.

Updating to add:

Columbia neck gaiter - designed for skiing, but should add some nice extra warmth for riding... :)
I'll ditto that recommendation. Mine says "Steamboat" on it, but irregardless of the logo it works great for warmth when temps are near freezing like they've been this week. :yahoo:

+1 BlueRidgeFJR,however; my wife ended up getting her bike, how I have e 2nd bike to maintain.

Last edited by a moderator:
And lastly, for performance: Having tried most of the reccommended tires, I recently installed

Thats great to hear. I have a set of those under my desk at work, waiting to be installed. The best farkle Ive done would be PIAA 1100X's. These little guys put the stock headlites to shame. I have no idea how I rode at night, before getting these.

After riding in cold weather with conventional winter gloves with terribly cold, almost numb hands, my heated gloves have changed everything.

It has extended my riding season. What a great farkle. I highly recommend it.

Hi all

Just thinking about all the farkles available for the FJR what would be the best money you've spent. It may just prompt me to get my wallet out.

Gazza