Single Best Farkle Ever - what have you added that you rate as #1?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than Duke's bag W/shield, I would say the wild bills hwy pegs. I use em on every ride over 5 miles. and especially in the hot az summer where they give me more airflow, & duke's ears stick straight out! :lol:

Hi allJust thinking about all the farkles available for the FJR what would be the best money you've spent. It may just prompt me to get my wallet out.

Gazza
If you enjoy the sport side of sport touring then it's suspension mods. Turns the FJR from a wallowing pig into a nice tight package that carves nice crisp turns.

GP Suspensions & Cogent both do excellent work on the FJR. I have the GP Suspension fork valving and the GP Suspensions resprung Wilbers shock and can recommend it highly.

I noticed that you are on the North Island in NZ. I didn't get over to the west side of the North Island when I toured both Islands with GoTourNZ in 2009. I rode a KTM 990 Adventure all around the South Island and then up the East Coast of the North Island. I just loved it and want to go back in the worst way once I cross a few more destinations off the "Bucket List". Given those great Kiwi roads you absolutely must get your suspension working properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best is my Russel daylong seat, second the grip heater.
I was waiting for that one. My ride in appointment is April 8th. Can't wait! Now back to the OP.

Right now mine is grip heaters followed closely by a slightly larger Cee Bailey windshield. Hope it will be my Russell... I so excited :) Oh sorry, I did it again.

Hi allJust thinking about all the farkles available for the FJR what would be the best money you've spent. It may just prompt me to get my wallet out.

Gazza
If you enjoy the sport side of sport touring then it's suspension mods. Turns the FJR from a wallowing pig into a nice tight package that carves nice crisp turns.

GP Suspensions & Cogent both do excellent work on the FJR. I have the GP Suspension fork valving and the GP Suspensions resprung Wilbers shock and can recommend it highly.

I noticed that you are on the North Island in NZ. I didn't get over to the west side of the North Island when I toured both Islands with GoTourNZ in 2009. I rode a KTM 990 Adventure all around the South Island and then up the East Coast of the North Island. I just loved it and want to go back in the worst way once I cross a few more destinations off the "Bucket List". Given those great Kiwi roads you absolutely must get your suspension working properly.

I'm with Mr Bill here, if I could only make one improvement to the FJR....hands down it would be a suspension upgrade!

These are the three things I would do if I were to replace my FJR with a new one.

1) Suspension

2) Givi Tail case

3) cruise control(like an audiovox not throttle lock)

The best is my Russel daylong seat, second the grip heater.
I was waiting for that one. My ride in appointment is April 8th. Can't wait! Now back to the OP.

Right now mine is grip heaters followed closely by a slightly larger Cee Bailey windshield. Hope it will be my Russell... I so excited :) Oh sorry, I did it again.
My production date is April 6, mailed the seat already, hoping they would be ahead of schedule. Too cold to ride here now! Here's to two happy riders!

Motovation frame sliders installed when I got the bike... therefore guaranteed that I will not use them!

Also, one that I did not notice elsewhere... spacers for the windshield, made both the stock and VStream much more comfy with far less buffering.

Also like the HID lights, make da bike look so sexy...

Yup, just as I suspected... after my Russell ride in on April 8th, my favorite farkle so far is my Russell seat... by a very wide margin. Next is still the heated grips.

With a doubt the suspension upgrade. I am a heavy guy and the defaul suspension wasn't terrible but man having AK 20s front and penske rear have made a HUGE difference. I am riding the bike 3 times as much since I upgrade the suspension.