SkooterG munches Playa dust!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kudos to all that helped skooter. I had to ride my bike home when I crashed my V-Twin, but I know how good it felt when a guy stopped and helped me pick up the bike and followed me home.

To Skooter: I broke my collar bone crashing that bike last year. You are hurting and I feel for ya, but it gets better after the first week :( Know we are thinking of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great forum and great memebers. Heal quick ScooterG and get back out there. Great job to all others who helped him. Again, great members on this board.......

Sorry to hear of your mishap, glad it wasn't any worse. Get well soon. Hurry back to the Forum so we can keep your spirits high until you can get back in the saddle.

Sorry to hear of the mishap, ScooterG! I hope you get to back up to speed ASAP! Great job to all the riders that helped out!

Wow, that totally sucks....Sorry to hear about your get off Skooter. Hope your spirit isn't as busted as your collar bone.

Man that sucks. It's funny how this forum works, I feel like I'm old friends with people I've never met in person. Props to the LD crowd for stepping up with help. Sparky can tell you his story about his broken clavical/collarbone. I believe it wouldn't heal on its' own, and he had to get some hardware on it. Heal fast Skoot.

Skooter, Man, I am so glad that you aren't broken beyond repair. Get Well soon - heal up, and get back in the saddle !! Thank your lucky stars that you picked that time to splat - you had what is probably the best group of folks to be with in this situation.

When you're up to it, give us a post - let us all know how you're doing, ok?

Drink your milk - you're gonna need the calcium. :blink:

Hal

Sounds like Skooter and Sparky need to swap collarbone stories.

Heal up fast Skoot... glad it wasn't any worse... kudos to those who helped him out!

Sorry to hear of your accident, brother man. Glad to hear that you are basically o.k. Overall, broken bones are better than soft tissue damage (So the doc that repaired my soft tissue damage told me).

NOW I know why you bought the back-up FJR. You were planning this little stunt all along! B)

Just think...the Kneivals (sp) got paid for this kind of thing.

Skooter - sorry to hear about your mishap and hope you're not in too much pain during the healing. It is cool you were out with friends going for it and then had them around for help. Get well soon and hope you're back up to speed in no time. Big kudos to the friends from this forum community that helped.

Damn! I mean OUCH! Glad to hear you're 'walking & talking'....it great you had help available; that was fortunate. I see TWN's already got you covered on a a ride...what a guy! Get well soon, as the saying goes, and until then, remember:

V - I - C - O - D - I - N.

The FJR in question is his older 2004 bike... has about 85-90K on it. As forum members may recall, this is not the first time this bike has munched it.... but at least it was his old bike.

Also, I heard from one of the eye-witnesses.... as it turns out, this was actually quite a significant get-off: the bike actually endo'd a few times, and they watched SkooterG do a good impression of Superman until that nasty old Law of Gravity stuff kicked in. :(

Damned gravity always kicks in at the worst time.

Take care of yourself Scooter and let us know how you're doing.

Sounds like Skooter and Sparky need to swap collarbone stories.
Yeah, but if I recall correctly, Sparky was at least riding a dirt bike in the dirt whoop de doos when he did his.

Glad to hear you're not too badly injured, Skooter. But I can't help thinking that '04 might have been telling you something -- didn't it pitch you on Sonora Pass once before? Hoping that newer one is better behaved.

I'm amazed at how the MC community, and especially the LD and FJR folks stand up when someone suffers adversity. You can't pay for that kind of help. Heal up fast Skooter!