Sliks Helmet Liner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclemed

Reaction score
Hi All

I have an old original Sliks than finally committed suicide after about 100K miles. If like to replace but they are no longer available.

I have seen some new styles and such but I would really like to find something as close to what I had.

It was the loose fitting Sliks I think nylon one side satin on other not the tight fitting ones I see now:

Thanks

I bought the heat-out from cycle gear. Torture devices. Don't know why. Back to cotton bandanas for me. Might try an LD comfort liner.

I much prefer the Heat-Out ones from Cycle Gear. The cotton ones would always bunch up and develop pressure lines. The CG ones fit close and never bunch up or shift when I put my helmet on. When I stop for a coffee, just hang it over the mirror or GPS and it's dry when I get back. Give it a quick rinse in the evening and it's dry (and clean) by morning.

To each his own.

Murray

Murray, I have the Heat Out from CG also. Had it for 2 seasons. Seems to work fine. There is a thicker seam all the way around it. The trick for me is to make sure none of the seams are rolled up which can cause pressure points. The seam on the front must be pulled down just above my eyebrows so the front of my helmet doesn't push on it and put an uncomfortable crease in my forehead.

I had a silk Slik head liner for years which I really liked. I lost it along the way somewhere. The CG Heat Out is acceptable. If you use a little baby shampoo when you wash it out in the sink, it cleans up much better.

Took the recommendations and went to Cycle Gear. Heat Out was 1/2 price at $5.99 so I bought two. Used tonight and worked great.

Thanks everyone.