Slow Pleasure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
I'm talkin' about a nice slow evening cruise. Just got back from one tonight. Temp was 80 degrees, 0 wind. Hit the back roads near where I live, classic Minnesota farm country. A bit on the humid side, just enough where, with no wind, the mist starts creeping along in the low country. Lakes like glass, with a partly coudy sky, orange and pink in the setting suns reflection. With all the rain we've had, everything is ultra lush and green, the country pretty beyond words. For a change, I just settled in at a nice slow cruise, 45-55 mph, on 2 lane country roads, replete with picket fences at the roadside, horsies and moo-moos contentedly grazing, as perfect as one could imagine. Sometimes its nice to just set the Vista at a modest pace and forget for a bit trying to set a new record to a destination; the FJR can do nice and easy at least as well as it does hauling the mail. One of the nicest rides I've had in a bit. Thought I'd share while the memory was fresh.

far_country_roads2.jpg

He's OK. He's been of California mind lately.

Can I send you some granola, pine nuts or green tea, ol chap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the piccie and sentinments Rad. As much fun as we have here on the forum, its nice to occasionally have one of those riding "moments" when all in the world is perfect.

Thanks for sharing.

Of course, I am going on 3 weeks without my fjr, with several more to come. Going nutso. I am going to go freaking postal soon.

Don't see much green like that here in AZ, but I grew up in the Chi-town burbs, and your right - it can be truly beautiful. If all goes well, and my fjr gets repaired without any major glitches, and the fractured wrist heals according to plan, both me and my fjr should be ready for the planned ride to Chi-town the last week in August. On the way there, and old high school buddy is riding out on his FJ1200 to meet me in Iowa along the Mississippi for a couple days touring up to La Crosse.

Please, o-please, let that trip happen.

Greg

I lived in Hopkins, MN for 5 years and I can assure you that the locals aren't joking when they call the mosquito the state bird! They are huge and they are thirsty. The little ones drain your blood on the spot 'cause they don't want the big ones to take you away from them. :lol:

California can do that to you!! Especially if you have been hitting the wineries :lol: ;) I have to say...there are some serious BABES at the wineries these days. :thumbup:

wow hes turning into the martha sturet of the board whats next pottery making

its a good thing

hehehehehe

Last edited by a moderator:
lets all ride in a big circle and sing KUMBUYAA, then have a group hug.

glad you enjoyed your ride

Larry

Terminal velocity of FJR >> Terminal velocity of a mosquito

Never had one catch up to me and have a snack on me while tooling down the road.

You're scaring me radman. :bad:

Seriously... it's nice when you get into a ride like that. I was having a similar zen-like ride Saturday evening until a wild turkey nearly collided with my helmet. :angry03:

SOMETIMES the replys are better that the orignal post it was a nice green pix :D but you guys can realy be funny. :agree: :p :p

rogerfjrfaster :D

Jeez, I make a artsy, sensitive, thought provoking post and you guys just shit all over it.

Right fukkin on!! :p