so, I was trying to put this in the budget

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I kept track of my fuel purchases last year. The whole year. I wanted to figure out what I'll be spending for fuel on the trip. We already know the meals and hotel. Booze is another expense, but I'll worry about that later.

What really surprised me when I opened the spreadsheet was the following....

The most I paid last year for a gallon of fuel was $2.14. That's not going to happen this time. :(

The cheapest was $1.80.

I kept track of my fuel purchases last year. The whole year. I wanted to figure out what I'll be spending for fuel on the trip. We already know the meals and hotel. Booze is another expense, but I'll worry about that later.
What really surprised me when I opened the spreadsheet was the following....

The most I paid last year for a gallon of fuel was $2.14. That's not going to happen this time. :(

The cheapest was $1.80.
I guess you didn't go to NAFO in 08 where gas was $4.00, and $5.00/gal in the interior mountain areas like Breckenridge, etc.

But yeah...it's rising...so get the riding in cheap this year...I'm sure it will be cheaper than next year. That way you don't have to regret the rides you didn't take.

Will for what it's worth.

I can't control the price of gas, but I can fill the tank on both bikes for half the price of a fill up on the cage (18 gal. tank), and each bike will go the same distance on one tank as the cage.

I'm lucky to live in a climate where I bike ride to work 95% of the time. Couldn't afford it otherwise. Now Kali is requiring my diesel dodge truck get smogged... that's going to hurt worse than gas..

I guess you didn't go to NAFO in 08 where gas was $4.00, and $5.00/gal in the interior mountain areas like Breckenridge, etc.
But yeah...it's rising...so get the riding in cheap this year...I'm sure it will be cheaper than next year. That way you don't have to regret the rides you didn't take.
I was there. I didn't keep track then. No one goes to Breckenridge to get fuel. That's just crazy :p