So what's it like to ride an AE FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have about 25k on mine and dig it. I sometimes miss the clutch but am enamored 98% of the time.

BTW, that pause after shifting went away after I had my AE/PC3 mapped on a dyno.

--hellcreep

I ride an AE 07 and never thought i would ride a bike with no clutch, this bike is pretty easy to get use to you just have get remember the no revving rule, I always use the paddle shifter but use the foot shifter for down shifting it just seems more natural, when you use the padle shifter for down shifting you will have a tendency to hit the horn button, there only seems to be a lag when you are at high rpms, generally this model is about 2,000 more but if you buy a year old model you can get for great price, I purchased an new 07 in 08 for 10,800 out the door jacket, helmet, and gloves included. You won't regret buying this bike,I included a link for my pics of my bike not sure how to do the link thing so I hope it workshttps://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu199/blurryvision07/

I ride an AE 07 and never thought i would ride a bike with no clutch, this bike is pretty easy to get use to you just have get remember the no revving rule, I always use the paddle shifter but use the foot shifter for down shifting it just seems more natural, when you use the padle shifter for down shifting you will have a tendency to hit the horn button, there only seems to be a lag when you are at high rpms, generally this model is about 2,000 more but if you buy a year old model you can get for great price, I purchased an new 07 in 08 for 10,800 out the door jacket, helmet, and gloves included. You won't regret buying this bike,I included a link for my pics of my bike not sure how to do the link thing so I hope it works https://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu199/blurryvision07/
You need to add the img tags around the link to the pic.

Mike

This is what it's like to ride an AE... :p

Loser.jpg

The AE is a GREAT CONCEPT ride until your bike develops problems and you have to deal with the Yamaha YES "janitor"! When my 2006 AE worked, I really enjoyed it! After I started getting SH_## error codes, it was a pleasant ride and the Yamaha YES JANITOR did't give a F__K if my bike was ever fixed in a timely manner!

Best Regards,

Shane

The AE is a GREAT CONCEPT ride until your bike develops problems and you have to deal with the Yamaha YES "janitor"! When my 2006 AE worked, I really enjoyed it! After I started getting SH_## error codes, it was a pleasant ride and the Yamaha YES JANITOR did't give a F__K if my bike was ever fixed in a timely manner!
Best Regards,

Shane
How often were you getting error codes and were they the same ones or were they different? Were you stranded at any point?

Well I plan to buy an 08 AE next week. Haven't ridden one, but have read enough reviews to feel comfortable getting it.

Factoring the price (under 11K). I can add the YES warranty and a few mods and end up at the same price as the clutch version.

Now it's time to go research the Y.E.S warranty.

Well I plan to buy an 08 AE next week. Haven't ridden one, but have read enough reviews to feel comfortable getting it. Factoring the price (under 11K). I can add the YES warranty and a few mods and end up at the same price as the clutch version.

Now it's time to go research the Y.E.S warranty.
Check out the Bin O Facts.

Y.E.S. Factory Warranty (Yamaha Extended Service Plan)

$389 from D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL 35058, 256-739-1840, 888-553-3311

YES coverage can be bought from one dealer and apply to any other dealer fairly easily.

The one exception are Florida residents. That state is totally screwed up and passed a law that residents can only get insurance from in-state agents.

What will void the Warranty? ( Google: Magnuson-Moss Act ) Business Guide: Clicky Link Thread Discussion (oil related) Clicky:

From Headude (May 21, 2007):

If you purchase through the special Yamaha financing promotion you can get an extra $25 off the Y.E.S. plan.

If you use Yamaha's special financing promotion to buy, in about 7-10 days you get a "credit card" in the mail with a coupon for $25 off the extended service plan.

There is a deadliine to take advantage of the offer, so check all dates on all paperwork/coupons, etc.