Soft Luggage For Side Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazos parker

What??
Reaction score
Normally, I leave the left side soft luggage out of my side case and store my helmet in there when I stop for lunch. Abt a week ago, I was going on an "overniter" and got out the left side soft bag. WTF, 3 of the attachment points for the carrying handles were loose and frayed...obviously, not stitched in correctly. :angry:

I took it to my dealer and he immediately ordered a replacement under warranty...no questions asked. :D

If you use your soft luggage only infrequently, like me, you might want to check the stitching of the carry handles before you need it.

Just a "heads up."

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I better take mine out of the plastic bags they came in and have a look. Was saving them "for posterity". They're so pretty, I hate to use them... Now it's looking like they are for show, not for go.

I've actually been using one of mine as a briefcase. I usually ride to work and the regular briefcase won't fit in the cases. I guess I should check both of them out soon. Thanks.

Todd

Mine came unstitched at the seams after one short weekend of use. The dealer told me to take it to a local tailor and he'd pay for the fix.

He also said it would be a lot quicker than asking Mamma Yamaha for a replacement. and since it was on the seam... I did just that. We'll see how long it lasts. :D

Mine have held up really well after two years of use on my '04 bags. One is used as daily luggage, even without the bike. It is a good design for the crap I lug around, i.e. large man-purse--macho logos makes it okay. :detect: It has just a little bit of fraying on one handle, and some loose stitching on one of the the metal ring shoulder attachments.

The 'ring' area problem is an easy fix if you run a couple rows of stitches over it before it fails. The handle problem would be a little tougher to fix, as they have done a nice rolled seam there. My other bag is perfect, so it appears.

Overall, I'd rate my set as an A- Good zippers, nice embroidery, functional. And they only cost me $11555 and six months of waiting, with an FJR 1300 ABS thrown in for free. :agent:

Last edited by a moderator: