• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: 2006 FJR1300A (ABS), ONLY 3,395 miles! $8,295/BO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sradek

Redbird!!
Reaction score
Please see UPDATE (March 21) in thread below. Apologies for multiple updates ... bike is still available, ready to ride. Updated with pics below. Will add more when I go today to the storage place. Added links and edits made to description.

I am first owner. Bike has less than 4K miles! Yes, the motor is barely broken-in and it purrs the same as new! Not much of significance has changed since 2006. Bike is all stock - no structural mods. Send me PM with any questions or post here.

The bike has very low miles of mostly hi-way travel, never raced. Mostly garage kept, now in storage place. Now in Spring, it's under full cover in the drive way.

Priced to sell $8,500 OBO, Central NJ (~45 mins South West of NYC). Can ship to CONUS at cost purchaser's expense. Payment accepted via Paypal (as Gift only) or you can pay using personal check and wait to clear. Absolutely no joy rides. Show me tangible proof you can handle a powerful bike such as this and I will consider letting you ride it. If you come riding on a large bike, that's proof enough.

As you know this a long distance tourer and a sportbike for the twisties, but I am constantly traveling on my consulting job (airports suck!) and not finding much time to ride
mad.gif
I have 2 other bikes, Yamaha FZ1 and BMW R1150R ... of course, love all my bikes and sad to see this one go, but this is the least ridden of the 3 bikes.

Below is the list of farkles. If I missed something, I will add later. I have added links to parts/farkles with costs where I have a record.

Please make a reasonable offer. If you low-ball, I will simply ignore!

*Free* to purchaser: Garmin 2710 GPS with Sunshade, direct wired with audio hook-up (has map update v8, but the version is old and needs update)

• Yamaha hard saddlebags with locks
  • Yamaha soft bag liners for the hard saddlebags
  • Reflectors on saddlebags - black during day and bright white when light shines on them; LINK
  • 3rd lock with keys included for a Yamaha top box (if you decide to go that route)
  • Signal Dynamics WigWag (BackOFF) brake light;

• Traffic Signal Tripper (magnetic), so you don't wait forever at traffic lights! similar to this.
  • Pyramid Fenda-extenda for front fender; LINK
  • G2 Throttle cam for smooth throttle at parking lot speeds (stock grips don't do well) and also fixes abrupt throttle at around town speeds – a must farkle for safety! LINK
  • BMW Sport Grips
  • Vista-Cruise, fitted between gap to the left of throttle grip; LINK
  • R&G Frame sliders - from UK, expensive buggers! LINK (see image gallery at site)
  • Gen Mar handle-bar risers (billet aluminum); One and half inch (1.5") up and closer to rider - relieves strain on wrists; LINK
  • Second Look: Carbon Fiber Tank Bra (see pic)
  • External SAE attachment for hookup to Battery tender (tender not included)
  • Switched multi-connection power distribution strip with Bosch fuses throughout is installed (labor + material $100)
  • Nautilus Stebel Air-horn custom install; Cagers WILL hear the freight train coming! Most useful farkle! Saved my ass couple of times. Thanks to Randy from NJ! ~$200 for labor + materials. Horn is installed just under and in front of the cowl Can hardly see it, faces forward
  • Aux light brackets, under mirror mount - black powder coated – for Hella FF50 or PIAA (by garauld, on this forum)
  • Complete digital shop manual
  • All original manuals, keys, etc. Decals for various farkles included (but not put on)

(*) Items below are also included in purchase price (bike purchaser gets first choice to include or exclude). Will consider selling them separately - feel free to make an offer.

* PCA heavy duty black powder coated Givi rack (purchased for $100 from forum member, not installed)

* Givi Trunk / top-case (Black, with extra keys); easily takes in a full face helmet + some space left over (currently, installed on FZ1)

* Dynojet Power commander III USB, Fuel Injection Module (NIB, not installed)

* Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control (NIB, not installed)

* Hella FF50 (NIB, not installed)

* Suzuki V-Strom Handguards with hardware (NIB, not installed)

First maintenance service done at dealer, rest of maintenance is done by myself - regular oil change, lube, cleaning, etc., battery tender used during winter. Oil - Rotella T; Filters - Yamaha, Purolator; Yamalube. I will dig up receipts for the maintenance and farkles.

Full disclosure: bike had an unattended tip-over in my driveway during a wind storm - me the dummy left it on side stand
mad.gif
The fall was not hard (partly fell on grass), so no structural damage. Single protruding edge of the right fairing was dinged, scuffs on right side hard side case and edge of mirror cover (no damage to mirror). Using factory matched color (Color-Rite), I have touched up the scuffs and they are not noticeable unless you look very closely.

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update and bump.

Today took bike out of storage. Mileage is only 3,395! Started immediately without hiccup! Will give it a wash, so it's ready to ride.

As of now, I have an offer for $8,000 from a gent referred by FLHX a forum member (thanks!). He is coming to see bike this weekend, so this is your last chance to make an offer. With such low mileage, you know you can't easily find a bike at this price - spring is here, so go riding!

Based on few questions on PM's, there is some confusion about whether the uninstalled items (see list in OP) are included or not.

Yes, ALL items ARE included in purchase price. Potential buyer gets to decide first to buy the whole package (or not).

PC III must go with bike only (in bold) and are not offered for sale separately.

* PCA heavy duty black powder coated Givi rack (purchased for $100 from forum member, not installed)

* Givi Trunk / top-case (Black, with extra keys); easily takes in a full face helmet + some space left over (currently, installed on FZ1)

(Rack + Givi Trunk could be sold separately for $180 + shipping from 07095; first dibs to moto2wheelin)
* Dynojet Power commander III USB, Fuel Injection Module (NIB, not installed) - goes with bike only

* Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control (NIB, not installed) - could be sold separately

* Hella FF50 (NIB, not installed) - could be sold separately or I might keep for FZ1

* Suzuki V-Strom Handguards with hardware (NIB, not installed) - could be sold separately or I might keep for FZ1

Hopefully, this update eliminates any confusion ...

Thanks for looking.

PS: The small scuff at right fairing seen in one of the pics above is now touched up with matching paint.

Update and bump.

Today took bike out of storage. Mileage is only 3,395! Started immediately without hiccup! Will give it a wash, so it's ready to ride.

As of now, I have an offer for $8,000 from a gent referred by FLHX a forum member (thanks!). He is coming to see bike this weekend, so this is your last chance to make an offer. With such low mileage, you know you can't easily find a bike at this price - spring is here, so go riding!

Based on few questions on PM's, there is some confusion about whether the uninstalled items (see list in OP) are included or not.

Yes, ALL items ARE included in purchase price. Potential buyer gets to decide first to buy the whole package (or not).

PC III must go with bike only (in bold) and are not offered for sale separately.

(Rack + Givi Trunk could be sold separately for $180 + shipping from
; first dibs to moto2wheelin)
* Dynojet Power commander III USB, Fuel Injection Module (NIB, not installed) - goes with bike only

* Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control (NIB, not installed) - could be sold separately

* Hella FF50 (NIB, not installed) - could be sold separately or I might keep for FZ1

* Suzuki V-Strom Handguards with hardware (NIB, not installed) - could be sold separately or I might keep for FZ1

Hopefully, this update eliminates any confusion ...

Thanks for looking.

PS: The small scuff at right fairing seen in one of the pics above is now touched up with matching paint.
So close :good: . . . and yet so far out of reach. :cray:

@ Mike Aldea, why the sad face? Feel free to come on over, take a look and drool ... or better yet buy and be happy!
clapping.gif

@ Mike Aldea, why the sad face? Feel free to come on over, take a look and drool ... or better yet buy and be happy!
clapping.gif
The sad face is because I'm still working on getting the money to enable me to buy and I don't expect to have it anytime soon. :cray:

But I could definitely come over and
1.gif
drool. Just give me a location. :D

Well there appears to be a lot of activity involved with people buying up the non-installed farkles. But what about the actual motor? Did you find a buyer or is it still on the market?

Well there appears to be a lot of activity involved with people buying up the non-installed farkles. But what about the actual motor? Did you find a buyer or is it still on the market?
Indeed! The AVCC and bracket for the control (was not listed here) is sold too.

I am going to revise the listing with reduced price, also posting to CL. The bike is still available; expecting couple of guys to show up this week.

I have PM'ed you with my contact info. Feel free to call me to see the bike to drool/buy!

UPDATE: Asking price is now reduced to $8,295 since some of the farkles are sold and some I have decided not to sell.

Note: Mileage is only 3,395!

Items that are included in asking price are re-listed below:

*Free* to purchaser: Garmin 2710 GPS with Sunshade, direct wired with audio hook-up (has map update v8, but the version is old and needs update)

• Yamaha hard saddlebags with locks; comes with color matched covers for bracket holes (when saddlebags are taken off)
  • Yamaha soft bag liners for the hard saddlebags
  • Reflectors on saddlebags - black during day and bright white when light shines on them; LINK
  • 3rd lock with keys included for a Yamaha top box (if you decide to go that route)
  • Signal Dynamics WigWag (BackOFF) brake light;

• Traffic Signal Tripper (magnetic), so you don't wait forever at traffic lights! similar to this.
  • Pyramid Fenda-extenda for front fender; LINK
  • G2 Throttle cam for smooth throttle at parking lot speeds (stock grips don't do well) and also fixes abrupt throttle at around town speeds – a must farkle for safety! LINK
  • BMW Sport Grips
  • Vista-Cruise, fitted between gap to the left of throttle grip; LINK
  • R&G Frame sliders - from UK, expensive buggers! LINK (see image gallery at site)
  • Gen Mar handle-bar risers (billet aluminum); One and half inch (1.5") up and closer to rider - relieves strain on wrists; LINK
  • Second Look: Carbon Fiber Tank Bra (see pic)
  • External SAE attachment for hookup to Battery tender (tender not included)
  • Switched multi-connection power distribution strip with Bosch fuses throughout is installed (labor + material $100)
  • Nautilus Stebel Air-horn custom install; Cagers WILL hear the freight train coming! Most useful farkle! Saved my ass couple of times. Thanks to Randy from NJ! ~$200 for labor + materials. Horn is installed just under and in front of the cowl Can hardly see it, faces forward
  • Aux light brackets, under mirror mount - black powder coated – for Hella FF50 or PIAA (by garauld, on this forum)
  • Complete digital shop manual (can't locate this right now, will include if I find it ...)
  • All original manuals, keys, etc. Decals for various farkles included (but not put on)

* Givi Monokey Trunk / top-case (Black, Yamaha Tuning Fork decal is on it, with extra keys); easily takes in a full face helmet + some space left over

* Dynojet Power commander III USB, Fuel Injection Module (NIB, not installed)

* Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control (NIB, not installed)

* Hella FF50 (NIB, not installed)

* Suzuki V-Strom Handguards with hardware (NIB, not installed) - included if you want it, else I will try to fit it on my FZ1

Indeed! The AVCC and bracket for the control (was not listed here) is sold too.

I am going to revise the listing with reduced price, also posting to CL. The bike is still available; expecting couple of guys to show up this week.

I have PM'ed you with my contact info. Feel free to call me to see the bike to drool/buy!
I can't come this weekend. I'm driving down to Georgia tomorrow to see my Mom and find out if she is going to live to see her 100th birthday next week. :(

Got my Cruise control and Skyway bracket (for the keypad) in the mail. Actually it arrived Sat., but I had to travel to the P.O. to pick it up. I was soooo glad to see that the original box that it came in was dated 2008. It appears to be exactly what you described: NIB... new in the box. That tells me that it's the old original AVCC. Hurray!!!!!! I wasn't sure if I was getting the latest clone or the real thing... guess I forgot to ask. Very happy with the price as well. Ya did a great job packing it, it all arrived intact. Hopefully, this weekend I can begin the process of installing it.

Until then, guess I'll start studying everything I can find on installing the AVCC in a Gen 1. Not sure where to start, but we'll see what happens. Any advice on which of the many Forum "how to's" I might read first?

I would like to put in a good word here for you, Sradek. As I said in my PM to you, it's a joy to buy things from guys like you off this forum. I'd rather buy stuff like this from a forum member than some online site any day. I've never had a bad experience yet, and I've purchased a bunch of stuff used from the forum. And-I've met a lot of great guys along the way. I feel bad for snitching it out from others who hoped to buy it, but today it was my turn. Normally, I'm a day late and a dollar short, as the old saying goes.

Gary

darksider #44