• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! 2008 FJR1300 w/11853 miles on it - $8500 OBO - IN VA.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Kelly

Reaction score
Title says it all - Bike has 11853 miles on the clock with the following options:

Yamaha Factory Heated Grips

PCA - Top Case Rack with FJR cut thru it and powder coated black, with GIVI topcase hardware

PCA - Black Frame Sliders

Powerlet Power plug and adapters for standard cig lighter plugs and charging.

V-Stream Tall Windscreen and OEM windscreen

Clearbra on the side cases

Clearbra for but not installed on the tank and headlights

Silver Graphics kit for, but not installed

Two ball Mounts for GPS/Phone/ Rammounts hardware

Factory sidecases and inserts, along with two sets of side case mount covers

Givi Topcase with passenger backrest

50-60% left on the Michelin Tires

Brake pads are fine

Oil will be changed in the motor and the shaft.

Any extras I have for this bike will be included with it.

Bike needs nothing and has been a wonderful ride. I'm just not riding it and need to move on.

FJRRightSide.jpg

FJRRightrear.jpg

cf26c6b1.jpg

Mike

PM me here or contact me at dat74z AT yahoo DOT com

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike is going to the dealer tomorrow. I'm going to test ride a 2011 left over Kawi Ninja 1000 with hard bags. If I like how it does, this thing is gone. So if there are any fence sitters out there... Make me an offer...

Mike

The out the door difference was $3065. My FJR needed tires, according to them. Once they measured tread depth, it was "marginal". So basically they sold me the bike for $9500 and took my bike in on trade for $7K. Taxes/tags/dealer setup consumed the other $500. I stroked them a check for the difference and I'll go back and buy the bags at our pre-negotiated discount when the hardware is no-longer on backorder.

Mike

Traded it in at Village Motorsports in Unionville Va. They're probably going to let it go for about what my "OBO" price would have been, $8K as sits in those pics. Is a very nice and capable bike. Just to damned big/long for my riding preferences.

Mike

Where in Virginia?

Traded it in at Village Motorsports in Unionville Va. They're probably going to let it go for about what my "OBO" price would have been, $8K as sits in those pics. Is a very nice and capable bike. Just to damned big/long for my riding preferences.

Mike

Where in Virginia?
You traded the bike for 7000.00,but your OBO you would only go as low as 8000.00 ? dont get why people do this. Why not start lower on your price and pass the saving onto people other than the dealer !

Short story. had a friend sell a car. said he would only take 10000.00 for the car. I offered 9000.00. said no way. Few weeks later he trades it and gets 7000.00. Surprised he told me the trade in price and pissed off he let it go to a stranger for way less than I offered

Sorry for the rant. I just dont get it.

Uh because I wanted to get between $7500-8000 for it. Bike had $1500 in extras and quite honestly I'd bet that I'd have gotten the same response asking $8K OBO.. I got NO inquiries at $8500 OBO... Nobody was interested in making an offer. If you were interested, you didn't pipe up... Now you want to chime in after it's gone? Really?

I traded it in 15 minutes from my house and got them to wiggle on their price significantly, so I made the deal... Simple as that.

Mike

Here's a view of the Ninja with hardbags from Youtube. Shown towards the last 1/2 of the video. Definitely a young couples machine if your riding two up.

Ninja

Plus you saved yourself the time and agony of "potential" buyers.... Took me months to sell my FJR and though I got few calls/lookers, they still took up a lot of my time for little return. Your deal makes complete sense to me.

I traded it in 15 minutes from my house and got them to wiggle on their price significantly, so I made the deal... Simple as that.

Mike

Nice bike! Saddle bags retail for a grand I think... any discount on those is a good deal. If it had shaft drive I'd really like one of those, but it would add about 20lbs to the bike. Anyways, nice bike.