• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

*SOLD* Clearwater Glendas for sale $199

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
Clearwater Glendas for sale. These are takeoffs from my Gen I blue beauty from a few years ago before I sold the bike, that have been sitting in a box, waiting to be installed on my dual sport. I'm riding mostly dirt and would probably "prune" these off on something if I put them on my Beta, so I'm going to part with them. I had these installed at Clearwater so they are complete with relay and dimmer, but no instructions, which I'm sure you can get from Clearwater. Great recognition and side fill in lights and with the dimmer rheostat, you can set the intensity you want. Also included a "custom" 3/16" allen wrench for adjusting the beam angle.

$199 + shipping of your choice or I can deliver them at the upcoming YFO on Fri. June 2nd.

LilDragon3-24-10014.jpg

IMG_1314_zpsnekme5fa.jpg

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/products/glenda-yamaha-fjr

Last edited by a moderator:
Second in line if Paul drops out

Sorry, scratch that, I'm out. I got excited and got mixed up with Darlas vs. Glendas. I was hoping for a deal on Darlas. (and yes, I'm aware of the sale on Darlas right now from Clearwater themselves.).

The Glendas are lower output than the Darlas, true, but for "being seen," they're incredible, and being a take-off is not an issue with these lights. They'll work like brand new ones for a long time--probably longer than you'll have your bike. Super bullet-proof. Installation instructions are easy to come by from Clearwater.

BTW, Brodie converted a pair of Glendas into the brightest red-lensed tail/brake lights on Earth a few years back. Careful if you ride behind him. :)

No conversion, they are red LED elements. Glen/Clearwater offered them several years ago as rearward auxiliary marker lights complete with the dimmer hardware just like their white LED cousins facing forward.

Running lights on low intensity...

photo2_zps1f911309.jpg

Auxiliary brake lights...

photo4_zpsbbd61702.jpg

omg2.gif

They do get your attention

Mission accomplished.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

CAJW,

I wish you a quick sale, these Glendas are awesome lights, even if they are dimmer than the newest offering. I have a pair of them up front too with amber lenses that Clearwater offers. They give a bright yellow light forward and offer the oncoming driver something different to grab their attention. They make excellent 'SEE ME' lighting. Definitely a safety addition to your bike.

Daytime at low intensity on Chief Joseph Highway...

IMG1503.jpg

Note...

Those are both FJRs, an '06 up front and an '03 following up. The extra lighting makes the bike stand out with a much bigger visual signature, which is the main reason for getting the lighting in the first place.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Glendas have been sold, thanks Pista. Thanks to Brodie and SM for the comments and regarding their effectiveness as recognition lights, I know they have saved my bacon more than once.