• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: New BattLax BT023 tire pair off of my 2013FJR - $180

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuey

Reaction score
I've replaced the new BattLax BT023 tires from my new 2013 FJR with PR3s. Never ridden on BattLax tires and they're probably great tires, I'm just stick'in with what I know.

They have ZERO miles on them and are in Knoxville, TN.

$180

Questions? Want them? Contact me.

Shuey

c: (850) 240-3080

e: [email protected]

Sounds like a good choice, since you live in Florida. If you ever make it to an area with some curves in the road, give those 023's a try--they're nice handling tires...
rolleyes.gif

Those are NOT the BT023's you buy from Joe tire seller. And they most definitely are not the BT023GTs that everyone is raving about (but I am still only luke warm about)

These would be the BT-023F tires that are OEM spec tires, unavailable anywhere except mounted on a new 2013 (and possibly 2014) FJR1300 as the OE fitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not long ago, a forum member poster a question about "cheap" tires. His criteria (IIRC) was low price, regardless of performance/longevity.

So there is likely another rider who has similar needs - and will be pleased as punch to have these!

Whatever happened to all the griping about shitting on peoples' For Sale threads?? This crap could cause a new rule to be made...

Just sayin'

Shuey, you are very shrewd to ditch these dog turds with no mileage on them. But why do that to a fellow forum member here. Shuck your dregs on Craig's List or sumthin, eh?
Fred, there isn't any indication on the tires that they are an "F" model. However, being brand new to the FJR world, I started this thread with the information at hand in an attempt to provide a tire bargain for someone. Hopefully it still is. Coupled with the comments from others, thanks for the information . . . not so much for the attitude.

Shuey

I think it was a very decent and generous offer on Shuey's part to offer these Zero mileage tires at that price here. Does no one remember Warchild's posts concerning the ridiculously high mileage he got from these very same OEM Bridgestones on his '13? He may not have loved the way they handled but he was highly impressed with the mileage.

I am sure there is someone here who would love a bargain like this. I even hear about folks using car tires to extend their mileage...
smile.png

Sorry about the "attitude". Tried to retract it but you'd already quoted me.

I just wanted anyone considering buying these tires to realize that they may not be exactly what the might think they are.

Caveat Emptor.

How bad could these be considering Yamaha deemed them adequate? I know the previous owner of my current Bike would never know, or care about the difference.

It's been standard practice in the M/C industry for at least 40 years to equip new Bikes with less than the best tires. MOST aggressive and knowledgeable Riders seek improvement. But there are a great many FJR riders NOT in that group. And most of them are NOT on this Forum.