Some EOM 2005 Pics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
Here's some pics from my EOM 2005 trip. Each pic is about 200K, so I hope you have broadband!

Right off the bat, we had some trouble. Pending's steering stem was loose and Jay separated the belt in his front Metzler (stock). We went to Lexington Motor Sports, and they fixed them right up!

lexdealer.JPG

While waiting to get things fixed, I noticed Pending has interesting wheels:

gotrice.JPG

Here's my new riding buddies atop the Cherohala Skyway. What a road!

Cherohala.JPG

My bike joins the Mile High club... atop Hooper Bald.

MileHigh.JPG

The Four Horsemen:

FourHorsemen2.JPG

On Hoopers Bald:

FourHorsemenHoopersBald1.JPG

Fontana Dam:

FontanaDam2.JPG

Some Harly riders got a little too spirited in Townsend. Not a good place to speed. They are radar patrolling most all the time. We had a chuckle watching these guys get pulled over as a group in front of the Carriage House, next door to the Tally Ho. Fortunately for them, they were let go without a ticket.

HarleysBusted.JPG

Man, there were a bunch of FJR's there. Each one a little different. Even a couple tickers. I'm not sure there were any that were bone stock.

FJRsAtTallyHo.JPG

I didn't stop to sight see a whole lot. Most of the pics are of our bikes and the guys I rode with. Nice fellows all. Made a bunch of new friends, learned a few things, saw some cool farkles, and rode some fabulous roads. It's great to be able to put faces with a bunch of these handles on the forum. Hope we all get a chance to hook up for another ride sometime soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, I'd like to see your pics, but I ain't gonna sign up at snapshit to do it. It there a "make public" button?

Thanks for posting the photos. I was planning to attend, but could not get out of working Friday and it would have been a long 9 hour ride from Ohio to EOM after work, so I decided I better not. I was there the weekend before with with some of my Goldwing buddies. It is a super place to ride. Great roads. I am looking forward to next year. How about some info on any vendors that were there and how were the door prizes?

Rick M

Sorry about that. I just noticed the same thing. I will try a new link very soon. Damn Comcast free stuff.

Dave

Ah, it would have been nice to have been able to go! But with the new baby boy (who is now a true-blue American, I got Dubya's sig to prove it), I've taken too much time to be able to take more so soon. Plus, leaving my wife to take him on alone for 4 days is too much to ask...Still I missed it, even more than the FZ1OA meet up in Lake George (a LOT closer).

But here's Fontana Dam from June 2004--I guess it didn't change much! :lol:

(How the HELL did Harrison Ford EVER dive off that thing????--I know, I know, suspension of disbelief)

FontanaDam2.JPG

Quick, thanks for sharing the pics! I enjoyed watching the slideshow. It was nice meeting you and your wife. Hopefully we'll meet again, if not on the Indiana byways, perhaps at EOM 2006!

fialdj, enjoyed your pics, too. Tell us more about this "lost sea" ! Go down into a cave somewhere?

The Lost Sea.

It was written up in the Richmond, VA paper recently. It's a 4.5 acre underground lake. 300 feet under. You walk down this tunnel, then tour the caves, then you get to take a short boat ride around the lake. It even has rainbow trout, that they bring down. Check out the link. very cool. It was only 52 miles from Townsend.

The Lost Sea

Another place I heard about was Ruby Falls, in Chattanooga.

Ruby Falls

Dave

Lost sea is pretty cool.... they even have overnight trips!

fontana dam has a huge crack in it and they are just waiting for it to blow out =) ( there are websites on this, check out google

and I heard harrison ford didn't jump off fontana dam, he jumped off that dam across the street from the tapoca lodge.

Thanks for the pics quicksilver... I had other obligations and had to cancel the EOM, so I'm really envying/enjoying the pics.

Lost sea is pretty cool.
Why is it called the Lost Sea when people know where it is?... Shouldn't it be Found Sea? B)

https://ucmba97.blogspot.com/

Here's a few of mine. I shot over 250. I need to sse about loading them into Yahoo, and then sending them to smthng as promised.

On my blog site, you can comment on a pic. If you see yourself, comment to let us know your name (or screen name), and location.

Also check out

https://www.startouring.org/

membership gets you insurance discounts, dealership discounts, another message board, and other stuff. As of today, David is the only FJR in the COlumbia chapter 124, but i'm working on that. Anyone living near Columbia SC, meeting are 3rd monday of the month at Capt. George Seafood Rest at 7pm. Come say hello! The cruiser riders really do love to see an FJR!

Enjoy

Angie & David

05 FJR 1300 (his)

98 RoyalStar TD (hers)

Hartsville, SC