Something Special

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
This is one of the kindest things you may ever see..

It is not known who replied, but there is a beautiful soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service.

Meredith.jpg

Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey.. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,

Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.

I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and to swim. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her You will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.

Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies..' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey &Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,

Abbey arrived safely in heaven.

Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.

Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by..

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have.

I picked her especially for you.

I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.

By the way, I'm easy to find, I am wherever there is love.

Love,

God

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a small town with a really good bunch of postal workers. The last small town too.

I printed this to show them, as I think they would appreciate it.

B)

After some of the crap that I read on this forum today I am sure glad I read this one! Thanks for sharing. that is truely moving.

Absolutely sick to death of posts like this!!

I’ve never loved or hated a post so much in my life.

I am nearsighted, and couldn't read the small print too well, so I tried changing the font size to "Burnstown Dam" 72 pitch. Then I stalled reading through it and dropped it. It reads like crap. I can't believe all you people on here likes this. You're all a piece of crap. And don't give me any shit about my poor eyesight. Well if you do, I won't be reading it anyway 'cause I'm done with all you people!! Bunch of 20/20 assholes!!

Actually, that was pretty touching, Rad. Thanks for posting it.

Damn critters anyway!.. Always getting ya attached.

Then they just leave.... :(

an...

ya die a little.

Thanks Rad

:jester:

Rad, you old softie. Now to have to get out in the garage and bust some knuckles or something to make up for this.

Grew up with cats. Sure, they disappeared every now and then but it wasn't too much of an emotional ride...even as a kid. They just had that John Wayne swagger to them. Now, married, my wife talked me into getting a dog. "Her dog" quickly became "our dog" and is now close to "my dog". Amazing how a dog can become such a family member. I've made a note to make sure I have a replacement well on his way before Elway (that's the dog not the QB) takes off for the doghouse in the sky. Silly dogs.

Very touching story.

What is it about posts like this that interfere with the screen and make it all blurry? Think I must be coming down with a cold or something.

Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing!

Yo Rad,

That was worth reading...Thanks for sharing this with a bunch of folks that may not have seen something so touching and kind. This kind of stuff reiterates how much people really are a pretty good bunch given the opportunity, especially to kids and dogs....

Thanks for sharing,

Brian

Latest posts