Soon to be new owner of an '06... wahoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bravo! Great selection........the oh sixes have the best color......well, now the 12's join them. You will absolutely love this motorcycle. Might want to get a gel pad for the trip. I've stuck with the stock seat and like it, but long trips are a little tough on the buttocks......

ride it like you want to ride again tomorrow.................ride safe.........

So for a quick first impression, I LOVE my new (to me) bike! 300 miles under my tires 1st day, only 1 fillup and plenty of smiles.

Likes: Powerband is insane, torque and horsepower everywhere!

Luggage is amazing, love the bag liners as it's so easy to load clothes and little junk in the liners, then just slide it in the side cases.

Love the VStrom handguards, even in 80 degree weather I didn't mind them, once night fell and it got cooler I was sold on them.

Ergos are perfect for my 5'11" frame, everything is right where I want it and intuitive.

Dislikes: Throttle is really stiff, original owner said he did something with the throttle spring, but still it's stiff. My hand goes a little numb after 200 miles.

Center stand is very hard to get bike onto, or I'm doing it wrong.

Really wish there was 2 factory 12V outlets installed on the dash, I NEED my Valentine One operating! ;)

Anyway, thanks for everyone en encouragement, its scary to fly in and bet that your buying a good bike, sight unseen. Looks like I got lucky, happy to own one and have half my trip done

Signing off from a Super 8 room strewn with FJR luggage,

:)

Love it! I'm finishing up plans to fly out to pick up my '08 and ride back from Northern CA to Seattle-ish, avoiding as much of the interstate system as humanly possible. I will do a trip report too :)

So for a quick first impression, I LOVE my new (to me) bike! 300 miles under my tires 1st day, only 1 fillup and plenty of smiles.

Likes: Powerband is insane, torque and horsepower everywhere!

Luggage is amazing, love the bag liners as it's so easy to load clothes and little junk in the liners, then just slide it in the side cases.

Love the VStrom handguards, even in 80 degree weather I didn't mind them, once night fell and it got cooler I was sold on them.

Ergos are perfect for my 5'11" frame, everything is right where I want it and intuitive.

Dislikes: Throttle is really stiff, original owner said he did something with the throttle spring, but still it's stiff. My hand goes a little numb after 200 miles.

Center stand is very hard to get bike onto, or I'm doing it wrong.

Really wish there was 2 factory 12V outlets installed on the dash, I NEED my Valentine One operating! ;)

Anyway, thanks for everyone en encouragement, its scary to fly in and bet that your buying a good bike, sight unseen. Looks like I got lucky, happy to own one and have half my trip done

Signing off from a Super 8 room strewn with FJR luggage,

:)
Congrats, I've got the same year/model. That color is the fastest and its way too much fun!

You'll learn solutions to your concerns by searching via google, and if you're smart you'll search before you ask, especially on Friday. For example type into google: Throttle Spring Unwind site:fjrforum.com

Check this out if you haven't already: Bin O' Facts It will answer so many of your maintenance questions, especially since you say you are handy mechanically!

Again, Congratulations, you've purchased a real nice moto!