SPANK 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeroux

Reaction score
Hello to you, the Terminally Sick. ( thanks Ira! )

SPANK 2010 will depart from deep inside the red-rocked West on August 7th, 2010, arriving in Denver, CO at The IBA National Meet on August 12th, 2010.

The Rally will remain entirely in the West, and is 5-days in duration, exactly.

At this time I am accepting Commitments only. I need to receive 30 commitments by October 14th, 2009, or there will be no SPANK 2010. All of the committed will be notified on October 15th concerning the status of the Rally.

If the Rally is a GO, your Rally Fee of $450- will be due by November 1st, 2009.

Please send ( or re-send ) your commitment by October 14th to [email protected]

For those folks who have recently re-committed, we thank you for your support.

Take care Ya'll.

GZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Commitment sent George. Thanks for making the choices easy.

To those that are thinking about it, I can testify that Beeroux throws the most inventive and interesting rally out there. George's an absolute genius when it comes to building an interesting and challenging rally puzzle to decipher. SPANK 2008 (a 7 day rally) where we started in a central point and tried to figure which combination of rally "pairs" yielded the most point cause miniature helmet fires in all 30'ish competitors. To eat hot dogs in L.A. and Rhode Island....or eat French Fries with GunMD on the way to foie gras in Montreal....or some other combination.

Once you made a plan though you saw and experienced North America in a unique way that I think are some of my fondest memories of LIFE. Whether it be rallying, FJR riding, motorcycling, or just being a citizen of this continent...SPANK was a window on the world with the help of George's twist.

I cannot endorse this rally more from newbie to vet alike.

Matt

P.S. I know there are a multitude of choices for multi-day rallies next season. It seems like the way George has put this...it makes sure there's a full field to compete with. If, by chance, it doesn't happen...one can still choose another. Thx George!

Commitment sent George. Thanks for making the choices easy.
To those that are thinking about it, I can testify that Beeroux throws the most inventive and interesting rally out there. George's an absolute genius when it comes to building an interesting and challenging rally puzzle to decipher. SPANK 2008 (a 7 day rally) where we started in a central point and tried to figure which combination of rally "pairs" yielded the most point cause miniature helmet fires in all 30'ish competitors. To eat hot dogs in L.A. and Rhode Island....or eat French Fries with GunMD on the way to foie gras in Montreal....or some other combination.

Once you made a plan though you saw and experienced North America in a unique way that I think are some of my fondest memories of LIFE. Whether it be rallying, FJR riding, motorcycling, or just being a citizen of this continent...SPANK was a window on the world with the help of George's twist.

I cannot endorse this rally more from newbie to vet alike.

Matt

P.S. I know there are a multitude of choices for multi-day rallies next season. It seems like the way George has put this...it makes sure there's a full field to compete with. If, by chance, it doesn't happen...one can still choose another. Thx George!
I think I heard "America The Beautiful" playing in the background while reading :)

I've enjoyed the post-rally ride-reports, but I'm not in any position to join this madness.

Good Luck to all you commitables, from what I've read about previous Spank rallies, it will be some kind of twistedFun :lol:

I think I heard "America The Beautiful" playing in the background while reading :)
Yeah, me too. But in honor of George it was more of a bop-a-delic funky jam in 7/13 time.

Matt just put into beautiful words DA TRUTH about the Spank. Forget about rallies that try to be IBR-like. The IBR should try to be Spank-like.

Just threw my name in the hat, what a great way to get to the National IBA meet. :yahoo:

Thanks George

tel

And I see Jim Owen committed yesterday!

While that makes it a bit harder for the rest of us mortals to win the rally...I'm tickled to see him sign up. Plus, he'll share secrets and tricks at the National event afterwards how to beat him! He's that great of a sportsman!

I SO hope it gets to 30!

Anybody on the fence that needs nudging? :unsure: Poke, poke, poke.

Heya.

Sorry for my silence, I'm having e-mail problems locally on this Mac. Anybody know how I can get my SMTP outgoing server to NOT be "offline"?

Anyhoo, a few changes are coming along. Extended "commit" period and payment due date for one.

Take care,

GZ

Sorry for my silence, I'm having e-mail problems locally on this Mac. Anybody know how I can get my SMTP outgoing server to NOT be "offline"?
One alternative:

Switch to web-based e-mail. That means if you can surf the web (which even Macs can do fairly consistently) you get to your mail. Should be able to do that without changing your address if you can get your provider to forward to whatever one you use.

Hi George!
You look pretty hot in your avatar picture.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring your tiny little ass to Gerlachfest, momma, and you can look just as hot! :D

All Gerlachfest virgins must Firewalk. It is Tradition. It is the Rules!
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

George being George, he didn't follow the rules during his first Gerlachfest... he went Firejumping! :lol:

Heya.

Anyhoo, a few changes are coming along. Extended "commit" period and payment due date for one.

Take care,

GZ
Luv u Georgie! Looks like I will be there, even if those unnamed BIG DOG BASTARDS will keep me down no better than midpack.

Well, SPANK 2010 is a go!

Got my e-mail from George and the field is filling out with a great mix of names and riders are the best and coolest in the sport.

And there's still room. Anybody looking to do a fun and adventure filled 5 day rally....topped off by finishing at the Iron Butt National event in Denver...think about it.

If anybody is thinking about it....shoot me a PM and I'll fill you full of stories and gush about how fun it is!