Split: Comments about Forum Members

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoooooooooold on a second...If we start judging taints around here, I'm out! I'll go over to ADVRider where it's more civilized.
no.gif
Wait, I thought the taint was that space between your...never mind, I don't wanna know about judging someone else's taint!
uhoh.gif

You know we all think it is funny now, and it is. But it does show how typed words can be taken out of context. If we do not "know" the person doing the typing and we cannot hear the tone of voice, this is what can happen. This is something to keep in mind when we type our responses. We can offend and irritate unintentionally.

Yeah, I know this is catering to the sissified, sensitive, little bitches amongst us, but surely we have all at some point read a post on this forum and thought, "What exactly did that bastard mean when he typed that?". I know I have. While I agree that Brevity is the Soul of Wit, sometimes adding a few words makes the joke accessible to all of us.

Or . . .

You know we all think it is funny now, and it is. But it does show how typed words can be taken out of context. If we do not "know" the person doing the typing and we cannot hear the tone of voice, this is what can happen. This is something to keep in mind when we type our read their responses. We can might become offended and irritated unintentionally.
Just a thought. [smiley face]

Reactions: MEM
Or . . .

You know we all think it is funny now, and it is. But it does show how typed words can be taken out of context. If we do not "know" the person doing the typing and we cannot hear the tone of voice, this is what can happen. This is something to keep in mind when we type our read their responses. We can might become offended and irritated unintentionally.
Just a thought. [smiley face]

You know, we all probably agree with all of this. I do think we all need to learn to read for the best interpretation rather than the worst. People are so quick to take offense nowadays.

Anyone hear notice how Palerider now sounds like a lawyer,and RFH sounds like a politician? Scares me actually!!

Anyone hear notice how Palerider now sounds like a lawyer,and RFH sounds like a politician? Scares me actually!!
We're actually the same person.

And by the same person, I mean physically.

But I might be kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
You see why I want to say mean things about you? Maybe you should be scared. Jackass. (NO smiley for you!)

Anyone notice how HotRodZilla just tried to drift this topic into a political discussion? He knows the Admins won't like it but he did it anyway. That is the kind of mean, insensitive, grouchy, irritable post that hurt people's feelings. I am preparing my Hurt Feelings Report right now.

Since I know the man personally, and we say mean things to one another on as a matter of routine, I know what he means and he knows I am just playing along. It is not that way for all of us and we do all need to keep that in mind both when we are typing and when we are reading on this forum.

You see why I want to say mean things about you? Maybe you should be scared. Jackass. (NO smiley for you!)

Anyone notice how HotRodZilla just tried to drift this topic into a political discussion? He knows the Admins won't like it but he did it anyway. That is the kind of mean, insensitive, grouchy, irritable post that hurt people's feelings. I am preparing my Hurt Feelings Report right now.

Since I know the man personally, and we say mean things to one another on as a matter of routine, I know what he means and he knows I am just playing along. It is not that way for all of us and we do all need to keep that in mind both when we are typing and when we are reading on this forum.
Hey--he called me a lawyer.

Dammit, I'm out of likes, and I need two. One for the lawyer, and one for the politician.
Now there's a concept--a Like shortage.

In other news, the government announced today that due to the effects of climate change resulting in the near extinction of Likes, giving of Likes will be rationed for the indefinite future. Those born on even days may give a maximum of two Likes per day on T, Th, Sat (unless your religion forbids this, in which case you may give them on Sunday). Those born on odd days may give a maximum of two Likes per day on M, W, and F. Likes may not be saved. Use them or lose them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.