sportbiketrackgear.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Hud

Just another blob of protoplasm using up your oxyg
Reaction score
My Bell helmet (the Vortex in my avatar) has been with me for almost 6 years and over 22,000 miles on my FJR. It's a good piece of gear, and I have no regrets about it. It's starting to show age, though, and that's not a good thing for something that protects my noggin.

Because my head fits so well inside the Vortex, I went searching for another Bell in the $300 to $350 range. And because I'm a cheapskate, I went searching in the "closeout" and "sale" sections on line, and visited the local dealer who maintains my bike.

Found the sportbiketrackgear.com website and a Bell Star Carbon (the blue Pinned version). Compared it with a few other websites, including Revzilla, and decided to give it a try. Cheapest-way shipping was quick and got the helmet here in 3 days.

The hat is gorgeous, fits well, and weighs almost nothing.

Since it seems to be exactly what I want, I can't comment how they handle returns. Their return policy seems standard and fair, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered tires from them that came in 1 or 2 days. I've also ordered closeout items that arrived quickly. They have a brick store here in Michigan and I've taken Jacket returns there. Easy and painless. Seems to be a solid place.

(the brick store is nothing special, stay online)

Met the owner at Indy MotoGP before (in one of VIP tents).

Good guy and a serious racers as well.

If I didn't have a hook-up with a good friend who owns a motorcycle shop and I get all my stuff at cost, I would deal with Brian.

STG is good people. I've ordered from them before, all went well. They are very helpful as well. They know their stuff, they are avid racers and riders; not just someone reading a spec sheet to you over the phone.

I just received some gore-tex, kevlar palmed gloves for my wife from STG - $9.95 + shipping. They were closeouts, 3 business day delivery time. Btw amazing quality for the price. Will certainly do business with them again.

Great service! Just ordered a pair of Sidi Traffic Air boots a few weeks ago and they were at my front door before I knew it at a great price.

I've had really good experiences with STG as well - been buying stuff from them for several years now.

Same here. Have bought several items from them, and have always been satisfied. When I need gear, they are one of the three or four places that I always check.

They used to sell PR2's in sets, and always had great prices...unfortunately they stopped that practice. But I have gotten some great deals from them...like the "Black Friday" deal a couple years ago on these...

I've bought a Shark helmet from them and it was a good deal with good service, then someone that I think was from this website told me that they were closing out Racer glove a while back and it was a great deal with good service. It's too bad that I'm the idiot that left the Racer gloves on the back seat of my bike in Las Vegas 105 degree July heat and rode off losing the gloves.