• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SPOT group buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
There is a group buy going on ovet at Motorcylce Touring Forum. Thought I'd pass along the info I found in case anyone needs a SPOT device.

QUOTE """

Peter over at The MTF forum has put together this deal.

Read down through this and then if you would like to purchase SPOT at a discount, you can pay at https://www.MyLiveTracks.com/. The web site is expanding with resources for people to better understand what SPOT is, how it works, how to use it, etc.

The units are $150 with a $15 instant rebate applied. Sorry, you'll have to do a little math as the manufacturer has strict rules on the minimum advertised price. That price covers the SPOT unit, PayPal processing fees, and shipping.

Once you receive the units and go to the SPOT web site to activate the services, you will have 3 options:

1. Required - $99/year: Basic Satellite Service, which includes the 911 alert, ask for help, and check-in functionality

2. Optional - $49/year: Tracking upgrade option (unit automatically sends a message every 10 minutes)

3. Optional - $7.95/year: GEOS Search and Rescue benefit This is a very good option, if I was in the middle of no where BFE I would be glad I knew someone was commng to get me

Detailed services info on SPOT's web site

They have agreed to offer us a 50% discount (save $25) for the first year on #2, the tracking upgrade option. I am still receiving orders and will get them delivered to everyone that has paid. I should receive the discount code on or about May 25. If you receive the unit prior to them sending me the discount, I am told you can still activate the unit with option #1, and once you have the discount code, you will be able to upgrade with option #2 at a 50% discount.

They haven't discounted the service before, and asked that I order 100 units. I promised I would spread the word and try to do my best to sell 100 units. Luckily, I am now able to order these units in relatively small batches, so those who paid will not have to wait for additional participants and the units will ship within a couple of days of purchase.

I've started updating the web site, so that other clubs/riders can order through www.MyLiveTracks.com I will continue adding content regarding the units, service, usage, etc.

end quote """

This coverage is active now??? and can my family log on at home and see where I am??

I ordered this today and noticed you posted it here with a link. I have been reading about this for the last few weeks and it is not perfect but for the price you cannot go wrong. Amazing product and I wish Garmin could work this into the next Zumo 650 when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.