Spot Mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine works fine in the tank bag. And that's a tank bag full of electronics and partially obscured by the Sirius radio on top.

Velcrow it to the inside lid of your givi. It should work through the plasic. The internal antenna is already incased by the plastic caseing of the unit itself. Give it a shot, it will probably work. I throw my garman/rhino in a hard case on the back of my quad. I ride all day and it manages to get a signal and create tracks. I would think the SPOT should work as well.
I am going to try that this weekend and I will let you guys know how it works.

Well...... any results yet?
Sorry I have not had a chance to test I will try to do soon.

Velcrow it to the inside lid of your givi. It should work through the plasic. The internal antenna is already incased by the plastic caseing of the unit itself. Give it a shot, it will probably work. I throw my garman/rhino in a hard case on the back of my quad. I ride all day and it manages to get a signal and create tracks. I would think the SPOT should work as well.
I am going to try that this weekend and I will let you guys know how it works.

Well...... any results yet?
Sorry I have not had a chance to test I will try to do soon.
Thanks, I've got an E52 and am curious about the % of time a sat signal is received under the lid.

Sorry guys I know I promised this long ago but just wanted to report that this past Sunday I went for a ride with the SPOT mounted with velcro to the inside of my GIVI trunk that also has the luggage rack.

The spot seems to have worked flaulessly even inside the trunk. Here is a link to the page showing my ride. I know its short only aboput 100 miles but it does seem to have worked fine. I am going to use that as my mounting location.

Spot Page

Sorry guys I know I promised this long ago but just wanted to report that this past Sunday I went for a ride with the SPOT mounted with velcro to the inside of my GIVI trunk that also has the luggage rack.
The spot seems to have worked flaulessly even inside the trunk. Here is a link to the page showing my ride. I know its short only aboput 100 miles but it does seem to have worked fine. I am going to use that as my mounting location.

Spot Page
As long as whatever you're putting it inside is RF transparent, it will work, eg glass, plastic, etc.

I made up an aluminum plate that attaches to the left handbar unused mirror mount.. It has velcro on it (approx 2" x 2.75" surface area) for easy removal.. I use mine for a bridge transponder... I do have two made up for sale if anyones interested (see F/S section).. Scott

P1010003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: