Spotted a Blue FJR on 81S in Syracuse 6:45am Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

csanders99

I was riding in this morning to work on my FJR and I was passed by a blue FJR (without bags) at 6:45 this morning (5/29), nice to see another FJR in the area since we seem to be a rare breed. Was it anybody here from the board?

I was riding in this morning to work on my FJR and I was passed by a blue FJR (without bags) at 6:45 this morning (5/29), nice to see another FJR in the area since we seem to be a rare breed. Was it anybody here from the board?
They are rare in Upstate NY. I've only seen 3 in the Utica area.

g

In the future please post under:

Regional Ride Planning & Information Exchange (Including Sightings)

Hope you figure out who it was!

I would say the same was true for me in Ulster county (Woodstock, NY area)last year, but this year I have seen at least a half dozen other FJRs while riding. Starting to make me feel normal, well, almost.... :p

They are rare in Upstate NY. I've only seen 3 in the Utica area.

g
Wonder if one is mine-also wondering what dealer is looking at the electrical problem-I may know another dealer-way up Rte 5-

Are you serious? This happened to me too...

I was driving to work on 81S around the Cicero exit at that same time and a blue feej passed me and honked... I was in the right lane. Said honking passer, in the center lane, continued on going faster than I. (It was nice out this morning... no need to rush into work on such a nice morning... hell, no need to rush to work ever. )

Could it be possible that 3 feejrs nearly crossed paths in CNY? Would the universe unravel if this were to happen?

I was driving to work on 81S around the Cicero exit at that same time and a blue feej passed me and honked... I was in the right lane. Said honking passer, in the center lane, continued on going faster than I. (It was nice out this morning... no need to rush into work on such a nice morning... hell, no need to rush to work ever. )

Could it be possible that 3 feejrs nearly crossed paths in CNY? Would the universe unravel if this were to happen?

Holy Cow!! unbelievable, I bet it was the same guy that passed me, he didn't have the side bags on, I was keeping it around 70 because a tropper got on about 10 cars ahead of me from Bear Rd. and they've been doing a lot of speed traps lately! You must have been a little bit behind me. If your interested I meet up with some guys at Panera Bread on Rte 11, around 6:30 Wednesday nights, then we take off and ride around 7:00. It would be nice to have another FJR in the group, the rest of the guys ride cruisers.

Holy Cow!! unbelievable, I bet it was the same guy that passed me, he didn't have the side bags on, I was keeping it around 70 because a tropper got on about 10 cars ahead of me from Bear Rd. and they've been doing a lot of speed traps lately! You must have been a little bit behind me. If your interested I meet up with some guys at Panera Bread on Rte 11, around 6:30 Wednesday nights, then we take off and ride around 7:00. It would be nice to have another FJR in the group, the rest of the guys ride cruisers.
Yeah this guy had a silver or white helmet (I forgot, there was a cruiser that went by me also who might have had the silver helmet) and no bags. I saw him pass another bike way up in the distance, but it was too far to make out what kind of bike... coulda been you.

Thanks for the invite for the ride. This week is bad, but maybe next week.

Hey Guys - There will be one more FJR in Updstate New York on Thursday - I just made a deal on a 07 FJR1300A Black Cherry in Bloomfield NY today. I live in Rochester.

Went in last week to check out a left over 06 Warrior - saw the FJR and my heart jumped! I've always been a crusier guy so I had to unload my 03 Kaw Vulcan 1600 Classic which has been killing my back & arse. I just hope the rain that's coming hold off long enough on Thursday for me to get her home.

Hey Guys - There will be one more FJR in Updstate New York on Thursday - I just made a deal on a 07 FJR1300A Black Cherry in Bloomfield NY today. I live in Rochester.
Went in last week to check out a left over 06 Warrior - saw the FJR and my heart jumped! I've always been a crusier guy so I had to unload my 03 Kaw Vulcan 1600 Classic which has been killing my back & arse. I just hope the rain that's coming hold off long enough on Thursday for me to get her home.
Congratulations and welcome. I live in Penfield and have a 2006 FJR1300A. You made a smart decision and you won't be disappointed. If you want help with any of the common mods or farkles that help improve an already spectacular bike give me a call. I'll be glad to help

Grats and welcome! Hopefully the thunder stays away til you get to the garage.

I also graduated to feej land from a cruiser (vstar 1100) and I'm very happy I did. It's so much more comfortable to ride in my opinion and at the same time so much snappier. Hmmm, perhaps that's why it's almost twice as expensive as my cruiser... it's about twice the bike!

Theres a ton of info and very helpful folks here. I just did my 600 mile service this past weekend (except TBS) and this site (and fjrtech) made it all much easier.

-James

Congratulations and welcome. I live in Penfield and have a 2006 FJR1300A. You made a smart decision and you won't be disappointed. If you want help with any of the common mods or farkles that help improve an already spectacular bike give me a call. I'll be glad to help
Spinner - I'm in West Irondequoit - Looks like I'm set to pick her up at noon tomorrow (Thursday). Well have to hook up some sunny weekend and cruise out Lake Road from Webster heading East past Pultnyville - always a decent jaunt. I've got a friend in Penfield with a BMW bike - we cruiseout that way every now and then.

I'm looking forward to having a lighter bike - I know some people say the FJR is bigger and heavier than they're used to - but my Vulcan weighs nearly 100lbs more than the FJR.

Welcome aboard guys, I live an hour south of Rochester. If you are ever touring the finger lakes or wine country send me a line.

Wasn't me either, but, if you cny boys get the urge to get out and take a run through some of the many backroads between here and there, I am always game.

from North Carolina

to Lake George, and all points in between

I pick up my '06 today. Nice to see a lot of FJRs in upstate/northern NY. I live in Pulaski, work in Oswego and sail out of Sackets. Hopefully I'll hook up w/ some of you.

Could've been me. I live in Clay.
Wow 2 FJR's in Clay, amazing. I live off of Caughdenoy Rd by the Fire house. Do you do any weekly rides? I've been meeting up with the Star Society on Wednesday nights lately. It's okay, they ride kinda slow though.