Spur of the moment ride to Wisc..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E.T.

Reaction score
So here we are sitting in a Cracker Barrel just north of Indy., on our way North to somewhere in Wisconsin, eating today's supper.

Raining too! It's been a while since a moment like this has happened. Feels good...

Anything up around the dells worth riding?

So here we are sitting in a Cracker Barrel just north of Indy., on our way North to somewhere in Wisconsin, eating today's supper.

Raining too! It's been a while since a moment like this has happened. Feels good...

Anything up around the dells worth riding?
Nope!

Call the Days Inn in La Crosse. Tell them your an old fart on an FJR, they'll give you a good rate.

Go Here For Routes Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric,

Keep your riding north and west of Dodgeville, east of the Mississippi, and south of the Interstate running east from Lacrosse...and you'll hit a great plenty of good roads.

Better idea...go on the CFO website and download/look at the routes that gramps put on there.

Do it now...and bring your electrics.

You should have brought the wife with you to Hooterville...and Arky. Gonna be warmer and sunnier down there. In fact it's not too late to join us. Lie to your wife and tell her we don't bite. :clapping:

You should have brought the wife with you to Hooterville...and Arky. Gonna be warmer and sunnier down there. In fact it's not too late to join us. Lie to your wife and tell her we don't bite. :clapping:
Better yet, just turn left instead of right...would she know the difference if you told her you were going North but actually heading South?

We are in Kankakee? We just happened to remember the electrics... Thanks for the info, will look at CFO site when we get into a room.

Wife will follow me where ever I go at the moment... :)

Glad it finally stopped raining.

Hope you and your wife have a fantastic trip Eric. Wisconsin really is a great area to ride around in. Not a whole lot of straight roads. And now with the trees changing colors...

Eric if you decide on Southwest Wisconsin and want to avoid the Chicago mess.

Take IL 17 west to IL 18 West to I 39 North, which will connect you to I90/94. That's the quick way.

My way would be to take Il 17 west to Dwight, at the 4-way stop coming into Dwight take IL 47 North to Dupont road( This is where curves start ), ride along the Illinois river bluff to IL 23 in Ottawa, take 23 North a few blocks to IL 71 west, that will get you a nice set of twisties to Starved Rock State Park. Watch for the North entrance to the park once you get on top of the hill,you do want to ride the park, come out the east side of the park and go north on IL 178 through Utica to I 80 west to IL 40 north.

IL 40 will end at IL 78, IL 78 north will continue all the way to Wisconsin turning into WI 78. It's a good ride just staying on 78 all the way to WI 33 that will take you west into La Crosse if that's where you want to go.

Karl,

I followed your route on the iPad, looks better than what I had in mind, and you made my decision much easier for in the morning.

Dells area...

Thanks

Made it thru that course Karl! It was a good ride, thanks for posting it. This town is all but shut down. (Dells)

Weather be a changing, so will now be wandering back south tomorrow before it settles in. Wife said no to the high in the 40's

let me know if you're going to be near my neighborhood Thursday or Friday Eric, could buy you and the Mrses lunch.

Weekend is shot, me Mum got all my sisters together for the first time in years..................Guess I got to be there so they'll have someone to pick on.

Karl,

I will be hitting the HOME button on the gps...

It's in the 80's down home tomorrow. Wife likes the warmth. Be slabbing it mucho.

Ok, made it home. Nice and warm too! The wife bought food today Karl... thanks for the offer.

Mark, it appears I have a mini ban for that area, according to the wife. Maybe some time in the future it'll lift.

1200 mile trip, time for an oil change. Safe trip is a great trip.

Too bad you turned around only a few miles before hitting the really good roads. Hopefully you can make it to CFO in La Crosse next year. If not CFO get up there some other time. I love going up there two or three times a year.

Too bad you turned around only a few miles before hitting the really good roads. Hopefully you can make it to CFO in La Crosse next year. If not CFO get up there some other time. I love going up there two or three times a year.
I hope we get the chance to ride up in that area again. It was good that we left when we did, it's cold there now!

Sometimes you have to know when to run... :lol: