SR 821 canyon road revisited Yakima, WA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Having recently followed 10+ of Pacific Northwest's best FJR riders (Wing & HD leaders included) through this canyon on the way to La Pine, I went back today to survey the suggested posted speed signs around each corner, looked for LEO in the air, and relived the rush every turn.
50406676481_98f8b2bce4_o_d.jpg
50406678016_fa1d7ac6e4_o_d.jpg
50406825867_dc5603f1a2_o_d.jpg

All this to say what an awesome 25 mile run.  Make it a double and do 50!  Time trials next.  May I suggest the next 3 dry days?  Thanks  for looking at the pics

Archer 

That is a great little slice of WA to ride.  We were lucky on the way to the RR, with no LEO's in the area, perfect temps, and a road in excellent shape. 😁

Nice shots, you've captured the flavor of the canyon well. I ride it often and always discover new vistas as the seasons and light changes. Speed checks are usually limited to areas near either end of the canyon, but of course complacency can cost you. My last performance certificate was earned at the south end just before you heading up into the orchards. I mistakenly expected the riders heading northbound to alert me to the common speed trap there, but no such luck.