Stacking Admore lighting kits together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HilltownDave

Crotchrockety old man
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So, I wanted to put an Admore lighting kit onto the side boxes of my bike and the kit is available in something like 5” and 8ish”. The kids got me the shorter kit for Christmas by mistake. But…
I like riding with the boxes off much of the time which if I continue to do so would defeat the purpose of adding more lighting to them. So here’s what I’m thinking: Seeing as that they’re LED and probably not drawing much current (I’ll have to look into that), would it be possible to mount the shorter kit to the crash bars so I’m more visible when the boxes are off and the longer kit to the boxes themselves (as shown in the YouTube video posted not long ago). Essentially stacking the kits together is what I have in mind. Any thoughts out there?

So, I wanted to put an Admore lighting kit onto the side boxes of my bike and the kit is available in something like 5” and 8ish”. The kids got me the shorter kit for Christmas by mistake. But…
I like riding with the boxes off much of the time which if I continue to do so would defeat the purpose of adding more lighting to them. So here’s what I’m thinking: Seeing as that they’re LED and probably not drawing much current (I’ll have to look into that), would it be possible to mount the shorter kit to the crash bars so I’m more visible when the boxes are off and the longer kit to the boxes themselves (as shown in the YouTube video posted not long ago). Essentially stacking the kits together is what I have in mind. Any thoughts out there?
Hi, I put two kits together, both 22 cm. Worked out fine. They are led, so they don't pull mutch ( W). I didn't put a Wattmeter between the circuit, so I really cant say how much it pulls out of the OEM line. Send a mail to Admorelighting and ask if you are worried.

Sorry, I was having trouble accessing the Admore website when I was researching that question so in my impatience I reached out to the Forum to get the answer.
I’m embarrassed about making the inquiry now that I know the information was easily accessible on the website. Admore allows up to three kits to be stacked together. So there. 😎

I don’t have pictures yet but the installation looks great. I modified the crash bars by welding short pieces of angle iron onto them upon which I could mount the LED strips. One leg of the angle is perpendicular to the ground and the other is above the LED strip which prevents unwanted upward illumination and offers some protection for the LEDs at the same time.
Very happy with the product. Once they replace the one faulty harness I’ll be even happier. 👍🏼