Light kit for trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and do not do what I did. The flat area above where the light strips are now has a metal bar that works the locking mechanism of the trunk, so dont drill there. Some reflective tape covered the holes up.

Got an admore light kit for my top box. Got it installed today. Turn signals are yellow and the brake does 3 quick flashes before going to a solid red. Really like it, will make the bike a lot more visible.
Hi, looks very nice👍. Thinking about doing something like that. Is it a kit, if so.... where did you get it from?.
Thanks in advance 🏍️.

Very nice. How easy is it to detach/attach the luggage with the light kit?
Got an admore light kit for my top box. Got it installed today. Turn signals are yellow and the brake does 3 quick flashes before going to a solid red. Really like it, will make the bike a lot more visible.
Couldn't find the one you have, on the site. Which one did you purchase?.
Tank's

I believe its the same kit you use for the side cases. I also purchased the plug and play piece specifically for the fjr. You just have to unplug one wire connector under the left hand panel and it plugs into that. It was fairly easy. On the back of the trunk where you have to put a power connector piece I had to drill out a bigger hole (from the inside just through the first wall) with a spade bit as the case is double walled. This was not a problem as then put the extra cord in there and sealed the hole with some thick tape. Sounds bad but it was not. If putting lights on the side cases I believe it would be a bit easier not that it is hard to do.

Found it, the universal one.... Nice. Much hassel to mount it? .... What did you wire it to, I meen... Did you just hook it into the breaklight wire.... or did you use a relay?.. Or made a Y cable, and hooked it into the main cable for the rear lightning...?... Sorry, for my... maybe stupid questions... Don't like to hack into the OEM wiring, whitout knowing what I am dooing... at least seek out forum first. Always somebody who's been there😊👍.

I believe its the same kit you use for the side cases. I also purchased the plug and play piece specifically for the fjr. You just have to unplug one wire connector under the left hand panel and it plugs into that. It was fairly easy. On the back of the trunk where you have to put a power connector piece I had to drill out a bigger hole (from the inside just through the first wall) with a spade bit as the case is double walled. This was not a problem as then put the extra cord in there and sealed the hole with some thick tape. Sounds bad but it was not. If putting lights on the side cases I believe it would be a bit easier not that it is hard to do.
Do you have a picture or two, of the inside of the trunk, just to see where you went thru the trunk.

I use a GIVI E52 liter trunk with thr SR357 steel bar brace for the Money quick release mount. GIVI has a quick release light kit the goes in the top of the Monokey quick release mount that bolts to the SR357. The bottom of my GIVI trunk with their light kit has a twin tap round connector the lines up with the twin tabs in the top of the Monokey mount. Makes removing the trunk easy nothing to unplug. I purchased the Addmore adaptor and hooked up the GIVI trunk harness under the seat. It's worked great 3 years now.

Do you have a picture or two, of the inside of the trunk, just to see where you went thru the trunk.
I am working but I will get you some pictures when i can, you dont have to cut any wires it is plug and play. You undo a wire connector on the left side of the bike and plug into that then route your wires back to the trunk and zip tie them down. There is a wire block thing that you screw wires into but that is part of the accessory harness not the bikes. It is not hard and well worth the results I think. I can send you several pictures of everything but sometime thursday as I am too busy right now. with the kit you do need to buy the fjr accessory piece that makes it plug and play.

hopefully this helps snapped some pics on lunch

Attachments

• thumbnail (15).jpg
    thumbnail (15).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 4
  • thumbnail (14).jpg
    thumbnail (14).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 3
  • thumbnail (13).jpg
    thumbnail (13).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
  • thumbnail (12).jpg
    thumbnail (12).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 4
  • thumbnail (11).jpg
    thumbnail (11).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 4
  • thumbnail (10).jpg
    thumbnail (10).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3
I also installed the Admore light kit to my saddle bags. With the plug and play wiring there's no cutting the wiring harness; and it can be returned to stock any time. Great safety upgrade. I chose to mount the plug near the passenger footrest. My bags are mounted 90% of the time. When I remove them; I slip a Vinal cap over the plug ends. I would highly recommend this upgrade. It is simple, effective, and truly a "Plug and Play" system, made with quality components. (and they're not even paying me...) Not inexpensive; but in my opinion money well spent.

Pete-o

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I also installed the Admore light kit to my saddle bags. With the plug and play wiring there's no cutting the wiring harness; and it can be returned to stock any time. Great safety upgrade. I chose to mount the plug near the passenger footrest. My bags are mounted 90% of the time. When I remove them; I slip a Vinal cap over the plug ends. I would highly recommend this upgrade. It is simple, effective, and truly a "Plug and Play" system, made with quality components. (and they're not even paying me...) Not inexpensive; but in my opinion money well spent.

Pete-o
Tank's for the pictures. I'm going for the solution. Looks easy to install. Have a good one👍.
Geir Ove
Norway

I am working but I will get you some pictures when i can, you dont have to cut any wires it is plug and play. You undo a wire connector on the left side of the bike and plug into that then route your wires back to the trunk and zip tie them down. There is a wire block thing that you screw wires into but that is part of the accessory harness not the bikes. It is not hard and well worth the results I think. I can send you several pictures of everything but sometime thursday as I am too busy right now. with the kit you do need to buy the fjr accessory piece that makes it plug and play.
Thanks for the pictures👍. I'm going for the solution. It looks nice, and easy to install. Have a good one.
Geir Ove
Norway

GIVI has a quick release light kit the goes in the top of the Monokey quick release mount that bolts to the SR357. The bottom of my GIVI trunk with their light kit has a twin tap round connector the lines up with the twin tabs in the top of the Monokey mount. Makes removing the trunk easy nothing to unplug.
I have the Givi kit on my V-56, and while I found the idea to be excellent, the execution left a lot to be desired. As documented in this thread I am not the only one to have problems with intermittent connections due to poor design and vibration. I like not having to worry about plugging in connectors when removing the case, but it took a lot of tweaking to make it reliable and in still requires periodic cleaning of the contacts to keep it working.

The rider may not even realize there is an issue, since you can't see if the lights are actually working while riding. Only someone following can observe the lights in action.

I have the Givi kit on my V-56, and while I found the idea to be excellent, the execution left a lot to be desired. As documented in this thread I am not the only one to have problems with intermittent connections due to poor design and vibration. I like not having to worry about plugging in connectors when removing the case, but it took a lot of tweaking to make it reliable and in still requires periodic cleaning of the contacts to keep it working.

The rider may not even realize there is an issue, since you can't see if the lights are actually working while riding. Only someone following can observe the lights in action.
I've read all that too years ago. With my garage door closed I check my GIVI tail lights make sure stop lights work before opening the door and starting the engine. 3 years 15,000 miles so far no issues with the GIVI quick disconnect. I purchased two of them 3 years ago for a back up. So far the spare is in my toolbox.