step in the right direction.........

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

designeraccd

Reaction score
Tonight it's 1 week since the second operation on my neck, this time fusing C5-6-7. 21 weeks ago a different surgeon operated on me and the pain skyrocketed. I tried riding my FJR for @ an hour 6-7 weeks after the first operation and had major pain in my left shoulder and arm all the time I was on my bike. Not condusive to riding fun on twistie two lanes!

Tonight I actually sat on my FJR for 4-5 minutes...NO pain. It will be months yet before I'm able to ride but now it does look like I WILL be able to ride her and my 1200R Sporty. Thank God and the surgeon! Driving my C5 Corvette is fun but still can't touch a l-o-n-g run on the FJR.

So any "waiters" (for '07s) you will probably be riding b4 I am so enjoy!!! But I'll get there! DFO :yahoo:

Good for you.

Take it easy, Only sit for a few minutes. Fusing takes at least onemonth healing time. Dont push it. 1 week is not a long timw for this

Thanks, gotta wear this collar for six weeks....no driving etc until the doc sez so. Considering 20 painful weeks of time were wasted thanx to the hackmeister not only blew my riding but my work. Thousands of $$ of no income (still) + no riding etc....just luverly. Well, at least things finally seem to be going right, now for patience! DFO :rolleyes:

Although I have never been down I know the feeling you get when you ride. I rode me Wing from Indio, CA to Tucson just to have dinner at the new Texas Steakhouse and back the next day. About 850 miles.

Be patent and you will be riding before you know it. My FJR is still in the shop because of the mineral oil in the brake lines.

I will bet your golf swings improves also!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'll just be very happy if I can ride her pain free for the type of long range movinn she is built for!

Indio: found my crated '65 CB 77 Honda Super Hawk in an REA station there when I shipped her out from the Midwest after riding thru 3 snowstorms going from Huntsville, AL to Janesville, WI in April of '66. Fortunately 2 fellas were catching up on paperwork as the place wasn't open Saturdays. Pried open the BSA Lightening Rocket shipping case I had stuffed her into and put her back together with my Honda toolkit! Off to MCB 29 Palms I went. Don't think I'd want to try that with my FJR...............DFO :lol:

I feel your pain! I too suffered from the pinched nerve (arthritis in the vertebrae) that forced me off my CB1100XX and onto the FJR - not a bad thing at all, but I thought my riding days were done. My left arm was nearly useless and caused great agony. After three docs, a chiropractor and physical therapist were through, I was nearly disabled. The neurosurgeon wanted to do the cutting and that's when I ran as far and fast as I could. I swore the medicos off and let nature take its course. Guess what? I healed on my own, at least back to 90 percent.

Meanwhile, The FJR rests under old bed sheets up against the wall in the garage while we wait for spring at 5,500 feet of elevation in the Montana Rockies. We are in the 8th year of drought so not much snow, but we can nevertheless be kept off the roads by ice and sand. Patience is a virtue but that doesn't make it easy.

Big Sky

I'll just be very happy if I can ride her pain free for the type of long range movinn she is built for!Indio: found my crated '65 CB 77 Honda Super Hawk in an REA station there when I shipped her out from the Midwest after riding thru 3 snowstorms going from Huntsville, AL to Janesville, WI in April of '66.
It can all work out. I had a new stainless steel & hyfax knee installed just when my FJR was new. I told the physical therapist that I wanted to ride it to the (coming) AMA races -- ya know what?, I did (with a cane bungeed to the rack).

Good luck & keep thinking positive.....

p.s. also involved in a cross-country Superhawk trip -- only in '67 and, altho also in the Spring, at much lower latitudes (Fla, gulf coast, s. Tx, Mex, NM, AZ, etc). What a great bike.....