Stereo Options?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MarkP

Just wondering what everyone is using for music on the FJR? Is there a option factory stereo? I have not see one.

No to the factory radio. I'm using a Sony mini-disk player, but most here are probably using a MP3 player or Ipod or similar.

Mike

XM Radio mostly with an iPod every so often all run through a StarCom 1 and custom molded challenger ear phones. Works great! B)

iPod through Starcom1 standard ear phones. I am happy with it, sounds good, but not the highest fidelity solution, I am sure. However I think the Starcom standard phones are better than average.

MP3 in my tank bag with "the plug" headphones, works great!

:assasin:

UnCaged

XM, Etymotics, Mixit amp. Still have a plug or two to add MP3 or other inputs in the future.

So no one has mounted a set of speakers some where on the bike I take it. With a standard AM/FM cd player then?

roady 2---$47

subscription to XM $119

sony headphones $19

riding down the road listening to Deep Tracks and Bluesville,,

priceless!!!!

BTW looking forward to listening to Virginia Tech kick ACC ass again this season!!!!

Yeah, I think he wants Virginia Tech to kick ACC ass every year.

Oh....... just saw the quote, DUH! :blink:

Yeah, that's an annual subscription rate, but I think you (TWN) need the new XM Satallite weather radar feature as well! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Been running an MP3 player for the last 3 years. Just upgraded to Sirius radio and consider it a nice improvement. The rest of the system is documented here:

https://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/acc/cb/cb.html

with the audio for the music, the V1 and 2 other inputs mixed through the MixIt and fed into the aux audio of the above system. All of this is fed into the helmet headset from Air Rider and split into a set of ear monitors.

Of course, when not needing intercom or CB, I feed through the MixIt into my ear monitors and just leave the Clarion unit turned off while running my helmet that doesn't have a headset installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
twowheelnut,, & overfly,,

yes Tech kicking ass every year

yes it is the yearly subscription ,, I had it in my '65 Riviera,, it was sold recently,, I had some credit comming ,, and yes it has the weather channels also,,

currently ipod via etymotic earbuds.

usually XM through the Autocom. going to get the earbud interface for the autocom once I get it rewired