Superbowl: A Tale of Two Regions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought this article was a fun contrast between those of the NW and the NE persuasion.

Seattle vs. New England in the supper bowl: how our food cultures compare

Meanwhile, dear ol' Dad is on the plane to Phoenix as I type. He went to the Superbowl last year and I gave him advice about a good Cuban place in NYC he'd never been before. He's about to experience his 2nd Superbowl having been a 12th man long before the term was ever coined.....these are glory days for him.

And I see the spread is 1.5 for New England...close to an even match up. I think it's going to be a gnarly game.

Fred W, I'll bring fresh Dungeness crab (I turned in my crab report card last week to the state) if you bring lobster rolls! We can fight over whether we mix them up with Best Foods or Hellman's and dhop aw aaaaahs over a lagah.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumbest call ever. I would fire my offensive coordinator if he ever made a call like that. Even my 12 yr old daughter said it was stupid!!

Glad it was a good game.

Dumbest call ever. I would fire my offensive coordinator if he ever made a call like that. Even my 12 yr old daughter said it was stupid!! Glad it was a good game.
Don't have to worry about that he will be announced tomorrow as the Head Coach for Atlanta...

Yes not sure why they didn't feed the beast or read option and let Russell run it in.

Dumbest call ever. I would fire my offensive coordinator if he ever made a call like that. Even my 12 yr old daughter said it was stupid!! Glad it was a good game.
Don't have to worry about that he will be announced tomorrow as the Head Coach for Atlanta...

Yes not sure why they didn't feed the beast or read option and let Russell run it in.
The defensive coordinator is the one going to Atlanta.

I was remarking about firing my assistant in that situation. I coached high school for 16 years and that is the kinda call that freshman coaches make. And they can make those kind of mistakes because freshman games don't have playoffs.

The breakdown of communication sometimes comes out in the worst time. I understand more than most do about getting your decisions in play calling questioned. My mistakes were costly, but they were not in the Super Bowl though. 99% of the calls can be right, but if the last one of the game is bad, people forget about the 99% and just remember the one you blew. I have been there.........it sucks. That is why coaching is so hard

I can't believe Wilson even went along with that. He had a great second half! He should have handed the ball to Lynch; the Patriots D couldn't have stopped him.

I liked the fight though. Haha...

Crazy wild plays, goofiest pass completion ever, stupid calls at the end, and lots of 'em, some damn funny commercials: best Super Bowl EVER!

But seriously, a 50-yard pass into the end zone with 1:30 left? Jeez, let's give Brady another minute and a half to put one more drive together for the win.

The defensive coordinator is the one going to Atlanta.

I was remarking about firing my assistant in that situation. I coached high school for 16 years and that is the kinda call that freshman coaches make. And they can make those kind of mistakes because freshman games don't have playoffs.

The breakdown of communication sometimes comes out in the worst time. I understand more than most do about getting your decisions in play calling questioned. My mistakes were costly, but they were not in the Super Bowl though. 99% of the calls can be right, but if the last one of the game is bad, people forget about the 99% and just remember the one you blew. I have been there.........it sucks. That is why coaching is so hard
Right, the defense coordinator.

Carroll explained it afterward. He said they had gone out with a receiver set and the Patriots had sent out their goal line big guys.

Final few minutes:

Yet another circus catch against all odds, against the Patriots -- again, again, again. Which defies all odds.

The Butler did it. In the end zone. With the pick.

Really, a penalty on a kneel down? And, a game ejection on a kneel down?

Really, I mean really, a second penalty on a kneel down?

Wilson: How high did he get on the probable game saving circus catch? How hard did he slam back down from the high when The Butler did it?

Didn't see this thread until now. Yes it was a great game. Often that isn't the case in the stupor bowl.

Both teams played well and the best part was that there were no questionable penalty calls that influenced the outcome either way.

That catch at the end was pretty bizarre. Is it even legal to catch a ball when you are completely supine on the ground? I guess it must be, but how does one even defend against that? If the safety who flew over came over and hammered him, when he was already on his back, so the he wouldn't catch it, that would have got a unnecessary roughness or personal foul call for sure.

I sure expected a run for the TD, and so did everyone else on the planet. I'm sure that was went into the Seahawks coaches heads, to try and catch the pats napping. Plus they were going right at the perceived weakest link, the rookie Butler. Now the hero of the day.

So, here's how it actually went down, (according to an unnamed source)...

The ball was on the 1 yard line, second and goal. Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell turned to Pete Carrol and said:

"Pete, looks like we are about to win the Superbowl a second consecutive time! Will you be going to Disney Land?"

Pete said: "I'll pass."

Oh, and I vote for the Budweiser Lost Dog as best SB commercial this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=xAsjRRMMg_Q&x-yt-ts=1422579428

The best super bowl that I can remember. No questionable calls by the officials, a couple of crazy plays, and I even enjoyed most of the half-time show. I am not a fan of Brady, but I was rooting for the Patriots because their home is on the 'right' side of the country.
tonguesmiley.gif
The room where I watched the game was divided about 50/50 between Patriots and Seahawks fans.

Don't count on that, Adam. Lynch is going to be a fixture in the NFL for some time to come. He may not be the smartest guy out there, but the dude can carry the ball. That was proven yesterday.

Yeah, if the Seahawks had given the ball to Lynch instead of trying that YAFL pass, they would have won the game.

Not the most agile or fast guy out there, but he's Hella strong and hits like a train. He's agile enough that he's hard to being down and is good for a couple yards on most carries, if not more. That was a terrible call, but typical of the Seahawks JV, YAFL style football they have always played.

Latest posts