swappin'.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea it's over Lolo pass that most like to catch. That is the pic in all the rags with the sign that says curvy road next 77 miles. They lie though LOL. If ya stay on it and follow the Clearwater river it is one of the nicest rides all the way to the border and then ya can stay in the motel on the Wahington side of the border with Idaho and go eat at the Tomato Brothers. Man thats Italian. Beartooth is the road in the northeast entrance to the park. Chief Joseph highway is a beautiful ride too.

Flint

We are located in the north east corner in Gillette. Just 122 miles from Sturgis and 107 from Deadwood.
Spent the night[1] in Gillette on leg 4 of the 2003 Iron Butt Rally. MAN! The chick at the hotel registration desk was a 12 out of 10! A real blonde bombshell! Hotchee mamma!

[1] If you define "night" as only long enough to bag a rest bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's Superbrace I am sure they would modify it. Probbly cheaper than selling and replacing it. TJ

As far as power difference that has always been a game. New models slower, going to be the 100 hp French model etc. Engine specks haven't changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The chick at the hotel registration desk was a 12 out of 10! A real blonde bombshell! Hotchee mamma!
Dammitt...where the hell did I put that "This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures" smiley?

Just got home from run to town (16) miles. Temp is in the mid 40's and it's windy. Bike feels plenty strong but I didn't really let er go WFO. I gotta get the shelf put on and the radar detector wired in to this one. Speed limits are merely suggested criteria anyway but as ya all know on these bikes they come and go quite quickly. I did put the 20mm bar risers on it for the comfort zone. I tried to put the snazzy reservoir covers on it (polished alum. with tuning fork logo) and they don't fit these reservoirs? Hmmm bummer. Probably will pull the jumper wire for the windshield park feature while I have the front piece opened up and get the performance award removal tool wired up while I'm at it. I'll stick the CeeBailey's +3 dark tinted on at that time also. It's just slightly less dark than the stocker WC painted black. :p I kept my topcase from the 03' bike and had the shop where I bought the bike swap the rack for it over to the new bike. Now I gotta decide whether to have the case painted blue or perhaps have it covered in black leather or vinyl? We have a good upholstery shop and the guy has done some stuff for me before so I may have it covered to just extend the seat up the back of the bike? Whatcha all think a that idee?

Flint