Tail of the Dragon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firepit1x

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to leave the St. Louis area on Friday and ride straight to the Smoky Mountains. I went with 4 other guys and of course we had to hit the Tail of the Dragon...US 129.

318 curves in just 11 miles. On Saturday I hit it without the side cases....Sunday we hit again but we were on our way to Nashville so I had no choice but to ride with all my luggage. It was a blast! We got in over 400 miles of mountain roads in on Saturday and Sunday. Total miles logged in the 4 days was just 1388. There are professional photographers that make a great living off of taking your picture as you attempt to not injure or kill yourself. I thought I would share a few:

204719.jpg

629946-129Slayer.jpg

628852-129Slayer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Thanks for sharing the pics. Quite a ride from St. Louis. Well worth it I assume??

The wife and I are hoping to ride The Dragon and assorted nearby twisties this fall.

That's the official Yamaha Sport Touring Leather Vest™.

Glad you guys could visit...looks like you had a good time.

MFerriter here is the best shot I could find of the other "FJR's"

Motorcyclepictures003.jpg

Apstate....the three in the vest refuse to smile, ever...I blame my non smile on "monkey butt". Our Friday was straight from St. Louis and we didn't stop, except for gas/food until we got to our hotel in Alcoa TN.

Spark....You have to find and ride the Cherohala Skyway. This was the best ride of the weekend. www.cherohala.org

Apstate....the three in the vest refuse to smile, ever...I blame my non smile on "monkey butt". Our Friday was straight from St. Louis and we didn't stop, except for gas/food until we got to our hotel in Alcoa TN.

Spark....You have to find and ride the Cherohala Skyway. This was the best ride of the weekend. www.cherohala.org
You got to stop spreading rumors like that just to keep folks off the dragon. You know Cherohala Skyway is junk. ;)

I guess stereotypes have to come from somewhere, right? I assumed they rode Harley's from the official uniform. Either that or they were in the Village People travelling tour.