TBS in DFW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bclark

Reaction score
I have an '07 with 8k on it. Would anybody in the DFW area be willing to show me one time how to do a TBS on it?

Thanks

Bruce

Alvarado, TX

Since 'dot was so much help, here is something useful.

Take a look Here and do some reading. If you can find a local with a set of mercury tubes you're in. The first time can be a bit unnerving if you haven't lifted the tank, but the tbs really is quite easy.

Good Luck.

--G

For a cheap TB sync tool, Go to Lowes/HD, and buy 4 20 foot rolls of their smallest size clear plastic tubing. Should be about 1/4 OD, .17 ID I think. Also buy a 2x4 and some appropriately sized staples for securing the line to the 2x4. Next go to auto zone and get a 4 way vacuum manifold that will fit this tubing and some sort of red oil. I used Marvel Mystery oil cuz i had it around. Total cost: about $15. Now take one end of each roll and attach to the manifold and staple the four lines up the 2x4. Fill about half way up with fluid. Run the lines in such a way that they dont kink. Very easy to make. Takes about ten minutes. Lines are the right size to fit the takeoffs on the throttle bodies too!

Dan

Take a look Here and do some reading. If you can find a local with a set of mercury tubes you're in. The first time can be a bit unnerving if you haven't lifted the tank, but the tbs really is quite easy.

Good Luck.

--G

For a cheap TB sync tool, Go to Lowes/HD, and buy 4 20 foot rolls of their smallest size clear plastic tubing. Should be about 1/4 OD, .17 ID I think. Also buy a 2x4 and some appropriately sized staples for securing the line to the 2x4. Next go to auto zone and get a 4 way vacuum manifold that will fit this tubing and some sort of red oil. I used Marvel Mystery oil cuz i had it around. Total cost: about $15. Now take one end of each roll and attach to the manifold and staple the four lines up the 2x4. Fill about half way up with fluid. Run the lines in such a way that they dont kink. Very easy to make. Takes about ten minutes. Lines are the right size to fit the takeoffs on the throttle bodies too!
Dan

Good Luck.

--G

Hi Bruce, I have just done a TBS on my bike today and it went great and did not take long at all. If we can get together I will be glad to help you out. Just need to be able to pick a time (may not have to work this Sat.) I live in Grand Prairie about 30 miles from you. Harold