Tech day X

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can help with the tire changing.

I need a new output jack soldiered for my RD (hint...hint...Tim)

Wife doesn't work that weekend, so there's a possibility. Pretty good chance, since I missed the last one.
I'll help with any electrical work. Any chance I could get some PR4's put on?
I'll bring my tire changer.

In Motherfucker!
Where is that? And do you know how to get out?
weirdsmiley.gif

I may be into meeting up with everyone and meeting some new faces. I would also be willing to lend a hand and learn new stuff about my sweet ride.... I can pack a tent and sleeping bag!

Prolly would have to follow crumpadump up there!

I can help with the tire changing.
I need a new output jack soldiered for my RD (hint...hint...Tim)
You got a deal.

So I need to get the tires (obviously) and balancing weights? Anything else? Particular kind of weights? Size? Weight?
You can get stick on weights from Amazon. I found weights that clip to the center ridge on the wheel. I am tired of cleaning the residue from the stick-ons. I can't remember where I bought them , but I do know they were pricey. The good thing is they are reusable. I want to say it was either Partzilla or Revzilla.

We have weights here Tim.. But last time Bill used them he said he wouldn't throw them at a goat. He did toss a couple at Andy.
unknw.gif

I'm not sure what he meant by that as I didn't have my Handy Dandy Canadian translation handbook, but I think he implied they were junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll I was out on a great ride today and the bike turned over 28,000 miles today. So time for valve check. I'm trying to decide if it's something I wanna try at a tech day? I'll need help, a lot of it. I'm wondering I s there time, should I trailer the bike up to have a cold bike? Bill mentioned something about having shims available and I replace the ones used (if I need any). Is this correct? I think I'll need coolant, but what about gaskets, oil what else? What do you all think?

We do have the shims and will just have you give us some money to replace the ones we use from the kit. You need the two O-Rings for the coolant pipe and it is wise to have the gasket for the cover for the timing chain on the side. We can get coolant and oil at the local Wally World in Owosso to save you from hauling it all the way to Owosso. If you can't make it Friday in time to let the bike cool down and do some of the initial teardown then it is best if you trailer the bike because we need a cold engine to take the As Found valve clearance readings.

We have always been able to reuse the valve cover gasket but I do have a new one if for some reason yours cannot be reused. Have you removed the PAIR system? If not this is an excellent opportunity to get some nice block off plates from WynPro.

WynPro Plates

Neither Ray or I have any work to do on our own bikes so we should have the time to Get-R-Done on Saturday.