Tech Day XI: 10/10/2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-edited-

If there will be a changer at casa de Andy, I'd like to swap out my tires.

Could use a hand wiring up a StarCom if time allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I have to bow out as well. Too many peeps off from work and I will not be able to get the time off. Maybe next time...

I plan to arrive Friday evening if all goes well, otherwise Saturday morning. I will bring a tent. Don't need anything in particular on the bike- just want to see how other bikes are set up and try to learn a little more about the FJR.

I am looking forward to it !

Sad I will miss this. Sounds like a good time for sure. Sooze will be keeping yur bellies full I'm sure. :)

I got the combo-RTE on the 10-11th.

Is Andy staffing the Bikini bike wash area??
bad.gif

Calling FJRPittsburg to the white phone.... your inbox is full?

For those doing a fork rebuild for Gen I & II.......

4SV-23135-10 Bushing Qty. 2

4SV-23125-10 Bushing Qty. 2

3P6-23135-00 Bushing Qty. 2 *required Gen II only.

4SV-W003B-00 Fork seal kit Qty. 1

OR, if not available, by seals separately

4SV-23145-01 Oil Seal Qty. 2

4SV-23144-00 Dust Seal Qty. 2

Plus,

2 litres of fork oil, 5W (Belray, Amsoil, etc.)

For those doing a valve check, Gen 1 or II

93210-18417-00 O-ring Qty. 2

93210-23787-00 O-ring Qty 1 * for Gen 1 only

5JW-15456-00 Gasket, Oil Pump Cover Qty 1 (if original gets damaged on removal).

I have a valve cover gasket I can bring to have on stand by so long as Gen 2 and Gen 3 are same part number.

Not sure about Friday night yet but I also want to do a TBS with a good gauge. Will this tool and someone with knowledge the tools for a valve check also be there? I can help with lights, TBS and some other small things.
Make sure you have all the gaskets and o-rings.

There is a distinct possibility I may make this one. My brother also. We are heading out that way. We want to visit Evansville, IN where the last surviving WWll LST is. My father served on LST-284 and was at Omaha beach on D-Day.We will be camping probably, so may take you up on tent space.
Toured LST 325 in Evansville this past summer on a ride with my son. My father served on LST 462 in the South Pacific more info at https://www.lstmemorial.org/

Was great to make this connection with my dad's past.

Sorry for the hijack

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to our inaugural Tech Day hosting event! There will be plenty of food and beverages. We do have two indoor cats - just a warning in case anyone has allergies. One will want constant attention and the other one will hide all weekend.

For our Canadian attendees... we do have a Tim Horton's nearby
rolleyes.gif

Susie

Phil - glad yer gonna make it down! I'll text you our address.

I've lost track of who I sent the address to and who I have not. If I have not, please let me know (either PM or just say so in this thread) and I'll get it to ya.

For anyone doing forks, either bring fork erl with ya or ya have two local(-ish) options:

1. There is a Honda dealership in Marysville. I haven't been in there, but I would imagine they have fork erl.

2. The Iron Pony is ~ 35 minutes from the house. It's also aboot 5 minutes from where I work. With enough warning, I could run over and grab some for you to have on hand. They do have plenty of it - I just bought 2 liters of the stuff.

I should be home from work around 5:30 on Friday, so you'ns'all are welcome to show up anytime after that. Or just sit in the driveway and make funny faces. Whatever works for you.

Oh - and while at EOM, I was talking with my old bud JustRoy and mentioned this little shindig and the fact that fork work would be done.

He lent me a JustRoy Original fork seal driver tool. It's pretty bitchin'!

Looking forward to our inaugural Tech Day hosting event! There will be plenty of food and beverages. We do have two indoor cats - just a warning in case anyone has allergies. One will want constant attention and the other one will hide all weekend.
For our Canadian attendees... we do have a Tim Horton's nearby :rolleyes:

Susie
cats!?!?!? Alright- it's sealed. I'll be there on Saturday. ;-) lol

I'm actually going to be home on Friday afternoon, so no worries about waiting till 5:30 or later to arrive. If you're around and want to get there earlier, I'll be around anytime after about 2