Tech Weekend VIII pre planning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As those two are "higher ups" in The Great White Nord Liberation Army, I have to allow 'em in for inspection and relevant protocol.
rolleyes.gif

Ok good to know, that way I'm not there too early and have to sit across from Bust staring at him and him at me, waiting for someone that knows what the hell to do with these bikes get there. The weather from here isn't looking to great with thunderstorms and 40-60 percent chance of rain...I may be trailering it up which sux but at least I can bring more beer.

As those two are "higher ups" in The Great White Nord Liberation Army, I have to allow 'em in for inspection and relevant protocol.
rolleyes.gif
Does that box say "Adam and Eve"?

Or is it "Adam and Steve"?

Eskimo odot Ray called me last night and said this is going to be the gayest FJR Forum event that has hit Owosso fecking Michigan in a damn long time! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been able to find the HondaPro Moly 60 locally for the splines. Does anyone have some to bring and I can pay for it there? Or, is there another grease recommended that is easier to find?

I haven't been able to find the HondaPro Moly 60 locally for the splines. Does anyone have some to bring and I can pay for it there? Or, is there another grease recommended that is easier to find?
I have some i can bring but cant remember where i got it (I think honda of noblesville, but it' no longer there).

I think Rayzerman is bringing his trailer - he has (or at least had as of last fall) some of the Honda wonder-muck in there. The man comes prepared.

So Sooze is taking Friday off. We're considering actually riding up together, but we'll see - Friday has a 30% chance of rain here, and 70% chance in Owosso.

WTF is it with it ALWAYS raining EVERY damn time I go to Owosso, anyway....

We'll be there sometime Friday afternoon.

I could sure use that tire changer...problem is the rear tire doesn't have enough left to get there after the Ramble. The new Bridgestone T30 arrived today.

It ain't no fun, but you can do it without a tire changer Tom.

Being the economical sort that I am I went ahead and mounted my first car tire using tire spoons and pry bars.

Suffice to say my kids learned a lot of new words, an I learned I was a complete moron for doing that.

Crump and I should be leaving around noon and have an eta of 5pm...hopefully squeezing between the rain along the way!

Oh, I have a new tube of Moly 60 in case anyone else needs some. I'm also bringing 16 gauge red and black wire, fuses, connectots and write loom for anyone needing it.

Using Hwy 37 to Ft. Wayne then hopping on I-69 around 2pm. How's trafffic around Marshall and Lansing?

Not too bad compared to Indy..

Marshal will be a no issue, Lansing could be a little crowded but it's 3 lanes of newer highway and traffic usually moves along good.

Might be busy till you get to the 127 split off 69.

Rolling in Saturday morning.

I have some Dot 3-4 synthetic brake fluid for anyone doing a flush. Also a bunch of zip ties, some split loom, and adhesive velcro strips.