Tecno Globe ''Koso Appolo'' Heated Grips With Embedded Controller On The Left Grip!+(Photos)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, very similar and I had already found that on Google, so thanks.

I will add a PWM controller, but broadly the mechanic is the same.

Found a U.S. dealer for these under a different name. Brand is Koso model number is am111030.

Denniskirk.com has them listed at $123.

Why you don't send an email to the original french website and talk about..shiping cost to US,info,etc...?And if the Koso is their dealer in US..?

I just saw these beautiful ''made in france''heated grips.The nice thing is that the controller is embedded on the left grip!A member in the fjr forum Italy,he installed them and told me that they works great and also they are very hot!

They are available in 120mm or 130mm long.The price is about $130.

https://www.tecnoglobe.be/en/9039-heated-equipments

https://www.tecnoglobemoto.com/lang-en/poignees-chauffantes-tg/420-tg-poignees-chauffantes-gold-120-mm.html

pcgold_switch_zpsb4727bf7.jpg

gold_004__800_zps5c37e363.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C32-7QKNxA

1466211_969021083126618_2529198887790073730_n_zps6ea254e2.jpg

10360635_969021136459946_6670963533214989392_n_zpse45d4454.jpg

Better start saving money to buy it

On the hunt for heated grip solutions, found this discussion. Liking the idea of the integrated controller, I bought a set from the Koso website on Sunday; shipped from Canada Monday, arrived yesterday. Pretty quick.

Relative to other heated grip options, these are pricey but the quality is evident. They slide right onto the bars And throttle tube nicely and the 130mm length is perfect. Temporarily wired up and they work great and as advertised.

When I do the real install I'll pop a few pictures. Nice product

On the hunt for heated grip solutions, found this discussion. Liking the idea of the integrated controller, I bought a set from the Koso website on Sunday; shipped from Canada Monday, arrived yesterday. Pretty quick. Relative to other heated grip options, these are pricey but the quality is evident. They slide right onto the bars And throttle tube nicely and the 130mm length is perfect. Temporarily wired up and they work great and as advertised. When I do the real install I'll pop a few pictures. Nice product
They have an external controller box?Or the only thing is that you must connect the wires on the battery?

On the hunt for heated grip solutions, found this discussion. Liking the idea of the integrated controller, I bought a set from the Koso website on Sunday; shipped from Canada Monday, arrived yesterday. Pretty quick. Relative to other heated grip options, these are pricey but the quality is evident. They slide right onto the bars And throttle tube nicely and the 130mm length is perfect. Temporarily wired up and they work great and as advertised. When I do the real install I'll pop a few pictures. Nice product
They have an external controller box?Or the only thing is that you must connect the wires on the battery?
Ya that's what was attractive to me at least, no box to mount, nice and clean, the controller is integrated into the left handgrip. Route the wires directly to the battery if you want, it'll auto shut off. I will run mine to a switched source.

If I didn't already have HotGrips, I would spring for these too. They are slick.

Ya that's what was attractive to me at least, no box to mount, nice and clean, the controller is integrated into the left handgrip. Route the wires directly to the battery if you want, it'll auto shut off. I will run mine to a switched source.
Sounds great!We waiting for photos..
rolleyes.gif
smile.png

I just checked out the link. They have a set of "heated gloves" which is a cool looking option as the fit over your handlebars providing shelter and heat. Ends appear wired open so it is easy to slide your hands in and out. Has anyone tried these yet?

I completed the install today. The only challenging part was running the cables from both sides into the front end ensuring the path wouldn't result in a kinked or cut wire from steering movement. Otherwise they work GREAT. I ran the harness into the front, around the battery and into my PowerHub under the seat. Its about 30f around here today. Cranked them up all the way, put on my heavy winter gloves, waited about 10 mins and took off. After Id say another 10 mins I had to lower the settings; way too hot and both sides seemed heated evenly.

Couple of notes

- Even at 130mm, the recommended length, they could be a bit longer. Im seeing to much of the bar end weights and some of the throttle tube. Not a big deal

- They supply a "krazy Glue" like adhesive. I did nt use it as I may want to remove these some day. Went to Yamaha and got regular grip glue.

- On the controller side; have to make sure to rotate the grip in such a way that it doesnt block easy access to the horn and blinker switch. Learned that one the hard way; it was rotated too far up first time.

On my 07 FJR Ive had the type were you wrap a heating element around the bars and slide a grip over them. They worked perfectly well; wiring wasnt so clean and I had a big knob mounted near the glove box. Not the end of the world. So at $140ish, Id say the integrated controller and resulting easy wiring are the biggest positives of this set. I saw the value.

IMG_3973.JPG
IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG
IMG_3989.JPG
IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_3998.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

Thanks for the detailed info and pictures!Looks very nice!How did you the installation on the throttle grip?Did you cut the old rubber to remove it from the plastic?

As for the clearance between the grip and the bar end and the switches if you see in the pictures from the black fjr that i have posted,you can't see any clearance there.In your photos from your bike i can see some clearance there.A bit strange..Perhaps the Gen1 with the Gen2 there are some differences in this area.Are you sure that you bought the 130mm and not the 120mm?

Also i believe that under these two brands Koso and Tecno globe is one manufacturer probably from China and he sells his product to these two companies.But,i believe that it is a quality product and not a cheap.

I found them and here for $110.I don't know if these are the 120 or 130mm

https://www.yocracing.com/accessory_store/store/yoc_viewItem.asp?idProduct=735168

Last edited by a moderator:
My old grips came off without a fight. I wedged a long this screwdriver it, forced it around the bar as much as I could, then with a compressor, blasted air in there to release the rest. Throttle side came right off much easier then the other side. I suppose they could be cut off or gotten off with more effort using the screwdriver.

They are definitely 130mm, measured them with a caliper and the box label confirmed. Can't explain the spacing but it's not a big deal. I may loosen up the switch housing and try to move them closer. Also the pictures of the black fjr, take a look at the controller side picture, my opinion is that it's rotated too far up and the grip heater switch housing blocks fast access to the horn and blinker switches. I rotated mine to be in line with the housing....

I got mine from Koso directly, $129 plus shipping, part numberAM111030 (same ones in the yoracing link, so $110's a good deal). https://www.kosonorthamerica.com/koso/shop/motorcycle_grips/apollo-heated-grips/

Made in China or not, I'm impressed with the construction, well thought out and nicely integrated..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for the detailed info Ablumny,perhaps the Gen1 with the Gen2 has some differences there,or as you said has to do with the rotation and the position,but anyway they looks pretty nice!

As for Made in China the most electronics they make them there,but last they have improved much the quality!

I am an Oxford heated grips fan,but these grips are really nice and ergonomic.Also i like the look of their rubbers,they looks like OEM.

Probably i will buy and install a pair!
smile.png

You could install a like this or a similar foam washer between the grip and the switches:)https://www.motorbikemonster.co.uk/grip-donuts-yamaha-pair.html

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/pro-grip-anti-blister-foam-donuts.html

https://www.google.gr/search?q=motorcycle+grip+spacers&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7cbDVM6VM9OraYrlgKgM&ved=0CDUQsAQ#tbm=isch&q=motorcycle+grip+donuts&imgdii=_
Thx. !

Latest posts