Tennessee Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwdurham

Reaction score
I just purchased my first motorcycle ever - a 2007 FJR1300AE. Looking for other FJR owners in Middle Tennessee that I might could meet up and ride with?

Welcome! I bought a 2018 last fall. I live in Ardmore, so about 1.5 hours away. Maybe meet in Shelbyville some time. It's been decades since I've been to Bell Buckle and War Trace (yes I'm old) and I've been meaning to go back.

I just purchased my first motorcycle ever - a 2007 FJR1300AE. Looking for other FJR owners in Middle Tennessee that I might could meet up and ride with?
Wow, you sir have some cojones starting with a FJR1300 rocket as a first ride. I hope you took a motorcycle safety course! Enjoy and be safe, shiny side up as we say

Welcome! I bought a 2018 last fall. I live in Ardmore, so about 1.5 hours away. Maybe meet in Shelbyville some time. It's been decades since I've been to Bell Buckle and War Trace (yes I'm old) and I've been meaning to go back.
Bell buckle and War Trace would be a good meetup spot.

Wow, you sir have some cojones starting with a FJR1300 rocket as a first ride. I hope you took a motorcycle safety course! Enjoy and be safe, shiny side up as we say
I'm riding it much differently than I would have if I'd bought it in my 20's with my hair on fire, but I've been daydreaming about an FJR for 25 years so I figured my first bike would be it.

I'm riding it much differently than I would have if I'd bought it in my 20's with my hair on fire, but I've been daydreaming about an FJR for 25 years so I figured my first bike would be it.
Don’t second guess your decision. I bought a V-Star 250 as my first bike in over 30 years. Three weeks later I was on my first FJR (an ‘07) and then two years later (last year) I upgraded to a ‘14.
No looking back. 😁

Bell buckle and War Trace would be a good meetup spot.
I also live in Murfreesboro. Reach out if you're planning a meetup. Welcome to the club.

Newer folks often fall into this trap- wanting & waiting for someone to meetup and ride with. If you're waiting on someone else you're wasting your time. Plan your rides, post them up to invite everyone and get out there even if it's by yourself. Some will come, some can't this time but will next, etc. After a while you'll have a nice text group. Folks have come up with numerous ways to keep it fresh. Mural collecting, points of interest photo contests, etc. Me? I have visited all of NC's state parks, recreation areas, lighthouses, and more over the years. Sometimes folks come with me, other times I'm solo.

There's too much to see and do to be waiting on anyone else.

My POI:

NC Parks Map.jpg

Newer folks often fall into this trap- wanting & waiting for someone to meetup and ride with. If you're waiting on someone else you're wasting your time. Plan your rides, post them up to invite everyone and get out there even if it's by yourself. Some will come, some can't this time but will next, etc. After a while you'll have a nice text group. Folks have come up with numerous ways to keep it fresh. Mural collecting, points of interest photo contests, etc. Me? I have visited all of NC's state parks, recreation areas, lighthouses, and more over the years. Sometimes folks come with me, other times I'm solo.

There's too much to see and do to be waiting on anyone else.

My POI:

View attachment 6530
Excellent advice, Rbentnail.
I’m fortunate to have a buddy near me who rides BMW’s. I’ve never held that against him and he can even keep up with me (most of the time😛).
So it would make sense to reach out to any other rider who might share interests other than just riding regardless what foreign manufactured bike they ride. 🤣