Texting while driving?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score

Though I doubt it will make much of an impression, cuz everyone knows "it won't happen to me".

I saw this this morning. Excellent PSA, not unlike the other one from the U.K. where the motorcyclist T-bones the guy in the car pulling out of the intersection. Wish they'd run it over here but I think we're too "sensitive"

Good video. It might actually make people think. I have posted a link to it on my Facebook, and forwarded it to several people via E-Mail. THANKS!

Always someone out to scare ya .....that wasn't real folks. Actors staging an accident. (really)

Sent from my blackberry, north bound hwy395, 68MPH

BTW, the babe in the car next to me has huge knockers

...RJ

----------------------

Sent From John's Blackberry

It wasn't real, your kidding? I thought they had cameras on all the cars going around, and were just waiting for one to crash. You work for NASA by chance?

It wasn't real, your kidding?
totally serious. It is propaganda from the non-texting lobby. They want to scare you out of texting It all comes from the same mold as those who told you about growing hair on your palms, watching TV in the dark and such. All lies attempting to scare you to promote their agenda.

north bound Pyramid Hwy 47MPH

RJ

---------------------

Sent From John's Blackberry

Rad you know me, I'd like to see a law like the Germans where it's illegal to use a cell phone.....would also pertain to texting......while driving.

There was a study not too long ago that showed that talking on the cell phone while driving a car was equal to driving drunk. I contacted MADD to see if they'd pursue....... no talking while driving...... and of course their answer was NO......after all they're the folks who talk the most while driving.......what a bunch of hypocrites!!!!

jim

You can't regulate stupid. Some people can multitask, some can't.

In Klamath Falls a few days ago while getting gas, a bicyclist rode by talking on a cell phone. In traffic, and a nasty intersection. And you worry about driver inattention. :rolleyes:

Since I am on the highways and roadways around Sacramento as a delivery driver, I can tell you that using your cell phone IS driving while impaired.

The problem is, as Radman already said, everyone believes it's the other driver. If you were filmed while driving and talking on your cell phone you might be amazed at how distracted you really are as measured by your ability to maintain a set speed, maintain lane control (stay in the center of your own lane), perceive dangerous situations ahead, make necessary decisions about upcoming turns or lane changes, ad infinitum.

Believe me, folks, it's scary out there.

Here's hoping that the no-texting lobby wins!!
+1. This is NOT an actual accident scene but so what. It is fairly representative of events like this that happen every day. Driving is probably the most dangerous thing most of us will ever do (except for those us who have been in combat, say). Texting while driving--or anything else that so effectively takes your attention from the critical job at hand--puts those other drivers who are forced by circumstance to share the road with you at significant risk. It should not be tolerated.

Cheers,

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a point to show this to my stepdaughter after I saw it this morning. Showed some others in my office as well. Texting while driving is too dangerous to be ignored....

RJ, Not to start any kind of argument with you, but I do hope you are kidding. To say that someone can "multitask" better than another is a no brainer, but texting when driving is friggin dangerous no matter how good you think you are... Just kind of caught me off guard on a "motorcycle" forum that anyone would think texting while driving is "OK" in any capacity... The "sent from blackberry" was an added touch... Kevin

RJ ,, you are just jerking us around ,, aren't you ???? if not,, :dribble:

Multitasking is just someone that can screw up a lot of things at one time

rather than doing one thing right...

I'm not one that likes a bunch of new laws on anything,,,

But,, there's enough impaired drivers out there with out having

,, multitasking ,, cell phone talking ,, texting ,,, dumbasses .. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I've always thought some of the Aussie and Brit commercials would make great viewing here in the north. This one is well done, I think......

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts