That's IT, I'm Done

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats and have a great Summer ride! :yahoo: :clapping:

Hopefully you have the time to explore the twisty off the beaten path roads as well as the National Parks on this side of the country. There are many great paved forest service roads in the west as wells a secondary roads.

Right on Karl! If you get bored come on out and I'll teach you how to kill bugs (not with your bike). I expect to read your tire report after you win the set from the Rally Ralley at CFO. Kick some butt on those young pups!

I'm going to SW-FOG this fall you should motor on down.

Always have a place for you to stay when your out on the left coast this summer,just let me know. Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on Karl! If you get bored come on out and I'll teach you how to kill bugs (not with your bike).Always have a place for you to stay when your out on the left coast this summer,just let me know. Doug
Well, come down here and I'll teach you how to eat swamp bugs (crawfish) and you always have a place to stay at the Oliver Palace.

Would love to show you around the Big Easy.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Well much Congratulations on a healthy and happy career. 30 is almost unheard of these days, I myself am cresting on 20... but don't see no retirment anytime soon.

Enjoy life more and ride more to enjoy life.

Feeling obligated to take a half day in your honor!
Congratulations, Airboss. :yahoo: (Just don't take up fly fishing...too much time away from the feej.)
Congrats on your retirement!

About the fly fishing though, that's a darn PERFECT hobby:

1) Figure out a nice fishing spot that's about two hours away through some twisties, then

2) tie the road to your back seat,

3) go there, fish for an hour or two,

4 then come back through the twisties.

5) Rinse and repeat!!!

so you started working at that job when I was 5...I can't stand being in the same cubicle for more than 22 months.

Congratulations on your retirement and pending fun times. you better post some good stuff in the Ride Reports section.

I strongly suggest riding through Montana, Idaho out to Oregon/Washington. Then cruise down to the Napa Valley area. I've been to that part of the country and it's worth the slab-time to get there.

Congrats Karl. I wish I could say i"m right behind ya, but I'm not. A few more years. Enjoy all that ridin time now, you lucky dog.

Geez, I think I need to retire right now. Pushed the send button twice and can't figure out how to delete this second post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you're joining the ranks :clapping:
Yeah it just seemed right for some me time.

Right on Karl! If you get bored come on out and I'll teach you how to kill bugs (not with your bike). I expect to read your tire report after you win the set from the Rally Ralley at CFO. Kick some butt on those young pups!I'm going to SW-FOG this fall you should motor on down.

Always have a place for you to stay when your out on the left coast this summer,just let me know. Doug
Careful Doug, ya never know when some road bum will show up on your doorstep.

Right on Karl! If you get bored come on out and I'll teach you how to kill bugs (not with your bike).Always have a place for you to stay when your out on the left coast this summer,just let me know. Doug
Well, come down here and I'll teach you how to eat swamp bugs (crawfish) and you always have a place to stay at the Oliver Palace.

Would love to show you around the Big Easy.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
Thanks Mike, ya know I haven't checked Louisiana off my visited states map yet.

Congrats! I am in the mindset that I will retire from the military in the next year or two. The problem is, I still love my job.
First of all a Big Thank You for your service, if you love what you do stick with it, don't worry you'll know when the time comes.

...I always wanted to attend WFO... This year I get to go!
Geez, airboss.

This'd almost convince me to attend - just to shake your old, wrinkly, retired hand (and let you buy beers for beemerdons and me). :D

Huge congratulations on your retirement, amigo!

Have a fantastic summer!
OM,

I'd love to buy you and beemerdon a few, but I will definetly keep my backside to the bar. You two do have a rep you know.

so you started working at that job when I was 5...I can't stand being in the same cubicle for more than 22 months.
Congratulations on your retirement and pending fun times. you better post some good stuff in the Ride Reports section.

I strongly suggest riding through Montana, Idaho out to Oregon/Washington. Then cruise down to the Napa Valley area. I've been to that part of the country and it's worth the slab-time to get there.
Maybe that's why the job lasted so long, never worked out of a cubicle, did have a converted supply closet for an office once.

The riding...................that's why I signed on for the Dam Tour, started plugging in Dam Locations into mapsource one day, just out of curiosity. Told mapsource to ignore Interstates and it came back with what looks like will be some good riding in the Northwest.

Congrats Karl. I wish I could say i"m right behind ya, but I'm not. A few more years. Enjoy all that ridin time now, you lucky dog.
Geez, I think I need to retire now. Pushed the send button twice and can't figure out how to delete this second post!
I think it was worth saying twice. :D

Well much Congratulations on a healthy and happy career. 30 is almost unheard of these days, I myself am cresting on 20... but don't see no retirment anytime soon..

Enjoy life more and ride more to enjoy life.
37 for the same company so far. If all goes well, I retire on May 5th, 2017 with 44 years. You are right, 50% of all employees in the United States have been in their current jobs less than two years. I am a dinosaur. :rolleyes:

But 3,000 miles on the FJR last month, so all is good!

That's frigging awesome! Congratulations! If you're out west around October, stop and check out the Balloon Fiesta. That's something you should see at least once and I have access to totally bitchen parking!