The Alaska Slo-Mo Photo Tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(BTW, what the hell is this for?)

Have fun, old man.

biggrin.png
I'm amazed I have room for that!? Your chop skills are truly magical master.
aikido.gif

Let's not take this train so far off track my kids and parents (who are reading) would be embarrassed. Pretty please.
pioneer.gif

Got out early and spending the night at Don's daughters house in Redding.

Bike loaded and noticed I have more tread than hair at this point.

20140620_152443-X3.jpg

Finally on the road on a crisp clean Washington morning. Yeah, I got that first drop out of the way here at the Harris Avenue Cafe in Bellingham. Next stop Canadian border.

Just when I think it can't get any better it does. Day one, decent roads, a moose, some big horn sheep and a wonderfully refined campsite.

Day two was short on wildlife but big on great roads both street and dirt. Went to the moto museum in Salmon Arm and had breakfast there then rode up the west side of Adams Lake. Finished the day at primitive camp spot on Mud Lake. Some kids came down and screwed up our peace and quite by getting their truck stuck from 11:00 PM till midnight.

Today was mostly a blast up the highway other that a failed attempt to get up to the top of Canoe Mountain. A moderately steep rocky road that became a true nightmare with big loads and 50/50 tires inflated to 36 psi. Spending our first motel night in Prince George at the Econo Lodge. Oh yeah, first bear today!

I'll see if I can get a few pics downloaded and posted after dinner and laundry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I don't think I would try to put my FJR up that hill...even if it was pointed in the right direction. Glad you have a bike that does that sort of stuff. :)

Thanks for sharing thexadventure!

Photo assist from the house-bound:

Got mosquitos?

P1000940-L.jpg

Wow cool! Long telephoto lens?

_1060796-L.jpg

Fuzzy fish

_1060859-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: