The Bitch.....How Could She?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummYam

Reaction score
She's all but kicked me straight in the balls.Just can't believe it but now have to admit being an old bastard.

Doc has confirmed I have an inguinal hernia in my right groin and need surgery sooner rather than later.After thinking long and hard and talking it through, we reckon the cause was heaving the bitch up on the center stand!!!!

After all I've done for her! Trouble is, I'm still in lurve and it's not keeping me off her, so that won't work.Good job me and the missus have given up already.

HA!

Coming to grips with using the left foot, let's hope that side doesn't let go too or I will be knackered.

Anybody else out there had, or know of anyone having same issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the day I had artroscopic knee surgery last Friday, I put the FJR up on the center stand, just cause. It was hard to lift my leg high enough to step on the stand pedal, but once I hiked it up there, the bike cooperated. Not the best idea...that one cost me two Vicodin.

Just grow a pair... :eek:

I see medical reasons for a 2013 FJR. It's way easier to get up on the center stand than previous generations. You could probably get your doctor to write a prescription for one. Doesn't hurt to ask him, right? :D

I see medical reasons for a 2013 FJR. It's way easier to get up on the center stand than previous generations. You could probably get your doctor to write a prescription for one. Doesn't hurt to ask him, right? :D
If you have a prescription, perhaps Obamacare will provide one for you. After all, it's for the good of your health.

I had the hernia operation 1.30 in the morning and was up and walking around the ward at 5.30.

No real pain and told not to over do it.

My only problem is that I ended back in hospital the next day for a further 2 gut operations.

Been on the bike a few times now and haven't even considered using the centre stand, don't want to risk it.

Using the C-stand is all about technique. That being said, it does take some effort.

Here are some suggestions:

1) Stop using the C-stand.

2) Roll the rear wheel up on a 2x8 board before deploying the C-stand.

3) Both times I have used an aftermarket shock with a stiffer spring it was easier to use the C-stand. (Raises the rear)

4) Running a car tire makes it easier to use the C-stand. (Raises the rear)

5) Get a 2013 FJR. They changed the geometry making it much easier to get on the C-stand. No 'AE' model available however.

Sorry to hear about your need to call her a bitch, and I hope the (ahem) groin is on the mend. Here's a fool proof method for making you feel better about that center stand on the bike. Just for giggles, the next time you get a honker behind you, try this move with your center stand.

After you have made a complete legal stop and while still astride the bike, pop the bitch in first, build up some revs, stomp the center stand to the ground and let her go. The shower of sparks should make it to the hood of the offender on your six. :lol:

Won't help your groin much though :blink:

Sorry to hear about your need to call her a bitch, and I hope the (ahem) groin is on the mend. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/assassin.gifHere's a fool proof method for making you feel better about that center stand on the bike. Just for giggles, the next time you get a honker behind you, try this move with your center stand.

After you have made a complete legal stop and while still astride the bike, pop the bitch in first, build up some revs, stomp the center stand to the ground and let her go. The shower of sparks should make it to the hood of the offender on your six. :lol:

Won't help your groin much though :blink:
Works good for tailgatorz too...stand on the stand at any speed and watch the fun as sparks bounce off their hood..

Suppose we could afix a wearable 'puck' or 'slider' to the center stand, oh maybe nice large chunk of flint for a nice sparkly shower. Hello, Zippo, I need a really big flint wheel.......

Lived with one of them types of hernias for 9 years.

In 1997 I decided enough was enough and got 'er sewn up. While the doc was under the hood he fixed my hydrocele as well.

THAT recovery SUCKED. Anyone who has had it done knows what I'm talking aboot.

As for the center stand - I got nothin' here. Never had a problem with any of my bikes that have / had a center stand.

Seems I got nothing much to whinge about after hearing what some of you guys put up with.Not had any probs before myself in the past but we're talking a long time ago and the bikes were a lot lighter. Maybe this was a one off, really bad technique happening,I'm a smidge heavier than you Fontanaman so must have done something wrong, can't remember the details.

Whats pissed me is the fact that I've been out of work for some months but have just landed a good job to start in a week or so.Now I need to get fixed up before so I won't need any time off just into the job. Unfortunate timing or sods law but I'm too much of a girl to try and live with it anyway.Not painful but the idea of filling my scrotum with intestine just doesn't appeal.

Like the suggestions about scaring the shit out of honkers and tailgaters and I will put forward the suggestion about getting a 2013 on presciption to the Doc, he seems the type that could be up for it LOL.

Meanwhile I will take heed of all your good advice when I next use the left foot to raise her(usually to use less space in the garage)and thanks for all the responses, I knew the overall effect would be positive!

Ride safe

Steve