the fjr does more than i thought

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to buy a Super Tenere for some adventure riding. My FJR ES is not going any where. Its getting a little heavy for a 66 year old, but its worth it!

Yeah, I'm 66 and it's getting a little harder to use my FJR, but I'm going to ride it till I can't hold it up anymore. Then I might get it triked. Ha!
coolsmiley02.gif

I turn 66 this month and I've had the FJR just over a year. Just received heated liner and ordered Canyon Cages. To much invested to give it up.

The bike is pretty amazing and can put down some miles. I did a 3000mi. solo trip last summer and several 200+ trips solo & with passenger smiling all the way. ABS is way cool.

I do have some issues with it. The battery cover is like some cruel puzzle and the FSM directions are vague at best. Thanks TWO you tube video for help. Then there is head shake. As long as you always hold everything is great but don't let go below about 50. Hopefully new tires will help.

I turn 66 this month and I've had the FJR just over a year. Just received heated liner and ordered Canyon Cages. To much invested to give it up. The bike is pretty amazing and can put down some miles. I did a 3000mi. solo trip last summer and several 200+ trips solo & with passenger smiling all the way. ABS is way cool.I do have some issues with it. The battery cover is like some cruel puzzle and the FSM directions are vague at best. Thanks TWO you tube video for help. Then there is head shake. As long as you always hold everything is great but don't let go below about 50. Hopefully new tires will help.

Proper balancing also helps. I had a set installed once when the shop "didn't think it was necessary." It was definitely necessary, and they weren't crap tires either.

Last edited by a moderator:
the shop "didn't think it was necessary." It was definitely necessary, and they weren't crap tires either.
The Shop was the crappy part in this story... always get them balanced or you've added another variable to track down a problem. New tires are WONDERFUL! Out of balance sucks.

The FJR does EVERYTHING better than me ... so I just go along for the ride!
punk.gif

I turn 66 this month and I've had the FJR just over a year. Just received heated liner and ordered Canyon Cages. To much invested to give it up. The bike is pretty amazing and can put down some miles. I did a 3000mi. solo trip last summer and several 200+ trips solo & with passenger smiling all the way. ABS is way cool. I do have some issues with it. The battery cover is like some cruel puzzle and the FSM directions are vague at best. Thanks TWO you tube video for help. Then there is head shake. As long as you always hold everything is great but don't let go below about 50. Hopefully new tires will help.
Yup, new tires should definitely do it and might I suggest Michelin PR series then run 42 rear and 40 front.

I notice you're from the south. I graduated from Medford when there was only one high school. At that time the Californians hadn't found the place. Gone are those days.