The Great Southwest Adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.

What's this all about?

You took a bike trip, ...er somethin'?

biggrin.gif

What did any of us ever do to deserve this?

Well, I gave it the old college try and I hope I succeeded in part… my wish is that each of you find those moments in life, the “now” moments, that make you stop and appreciate that moment, the faces of those you love who inhabit your world, and don’t waste a lot of time on the unimportant stuff… it’s all just stuff… enjoy today… enjoy the now… don’t waste time on the past… stop saying some day and find the way to make it TOday… surround yourself with the people you love and appreciate them every day… just fricking ENJOY!

303795_285327321497494_100000606864395_998918_1257372084_n.jpg

FIN
What an ending........and words to live by! Thanks for sharing! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

A wonderful, strong finish to your tale, Ty! Well worth waiting for.

Those sunset pictures were amazing. I have the same fondness for a good sunset myself!

Ride on, young lady, and continue to inspire us all with your joy of life. :clapping:

Don

Tyler you certainly know how to stir the soul. Thanks so much for taking the time to create and share this RR! Truly inspirational.

Great report and pics. I was in the Four Corners area about three years ago--one of my best vacations. Monument Valley got me pretty emotional. As a kid I watched a lot of John Wayne movies w/Dad; it was neat to see it in person. Have you been to Mesa Verde? If not, it is a must see.

Great report and pics. I was in the Four Corners area about three years ago--one of my best vacations. Monument Valley got me pretty emotional. As a kid I watched a lot of John Wayne movies w/Dad; it was neat to see it in person. Have you been to Mesa Verde? If not, it is a must see.
Yeah, Monument Valley was one of the heights of this trip... the land has such an amazing energy and history to it. I was really glad it was just us with our tour guide as it allowed us to truly enjoy our surroundings in a peaceful and mellow way. B)

We would have visited Mesa Verde, CO, but had to change our route due to snow. It's on my list for next summer. :D

This has been a fantastic read Tyler!! :D

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures and your words of wit, wisdom and wonder. They are most appreciated. :)
Thanks for following along, Tank!

Those sunset pictures were amazing. I have the same fondness for a good sunset myself!
This is the best time of year for them out here... lots of clouds to reflect the colors! Get out there and take some of your own! ;)

Tyler you certainly know how to stir the soul. Thanks so much for taking the time to create and share this RR! Truly inspirational.
Glad you enjoyed it... putting these suckers together takes a lot of time but it's fun to have them to share with family/friends and also to go back and look at myself!

This has to be one of my favorite RR of all time. It sure makes me want to go west sometime. Thanks again for sharing Tyler!
C'mon out, Steve! You know where to find us! :D

Wow.

Just wow.

Golden experiences...thanks for sharing.
Give you some food for fodder for that trip next summer? :D

You should have your own travel website! Such a wonderful journey and am so glad to have had the chance to read it! :)
clapping.gif
Thanks, Sam... hope to share a ride with you sometime soon... we can play dueling cameras again!!

Tyler, again a good read and photo experience. Thanks for sharing good lady.
Thanks, Kev... hope to see you at IMS in December!

So.

What's this all about?

You took a bike trip, ...er somethin'?

biggrin.gif

What did any of us ever do to deserve this?

Probably one of my favorite shots... it was like the landscape was on fire with color... just sat there for awhile and soaked it all in... then thought I'd better get a shot of it or OM would never let me live it down... :p

What an ending........and words to live by! Thanks for sharing! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I like a happy ending, don't you? :D

I thoroughly enjoyed this, Ty.

Thank you :rolleyes:
Thanks, ME... B)

Just now i saw your post..(one year later..)

Anyway,Great report and Awesome pictures!!!Wonderful places..!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Just now i saw your post..(one year later..)

Anyway,Great report and Awesome pictures!!!Wonderful places..!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!!!
Speaking of ride reports, I don't remember seeing any from YOU. Why not jump on your bike and ride around town and post a bunch of piccies. Not everybody here's been to Athens, ya know. ;)

Some threads, I don't mind seeing revived. Enjoyed it again, Tyler.

I got a little bit nervous when I spied this guy on the wall inside the house… iirc, it’s a Sun Spider… I stayed as far away from that sucker as possible… *shudder*

DSC5241-XL.jpg
They only bite when you are sleeping ;)

Great report Tyler!

Vacation land is so fun on a bike, everyone should ride it at least twice. I liked seeing some snow on the big hills, nice touch.

And just when you think this RR can't get any better. OMG what an epic ride Tyler!!
biggrin.gif

I need to get down there in the very near future.
Haven't even hit Monument Valley or the North Rim yet!
cool.gif

And yeah, you should... although the very near future may be a little too late in the season... we managed to dodge most of the rain and snow but I don't think you could dodge it much longer!
You're right, the very near future is not going to be doable. I was thinking next summer. We'll see....

Now I'll wait patiently for Monument Valley and the North Rim.
whistle.gif
whistle.gif
I've been over the venues Tyler is showing

I am kicking myself for not being able to ride with you
How about next summer, Sam? I'm planning on the gathering in Canada in June then swinging through Wyoming, hitting Ouray, CO (since we had to abandon that part on this trip) and parts thereabouts!
yahoo.gif
I was advised by Montana locals to save Western Montana (Glacier) and Yellowstone and Tetons for September next year. It will be cold(er) but we have cold weather gear - the beauty would be NO or very few tourists! Now that alone is worth the price of waiting isn't it?
That is very good advice from the Montana locals. My experience has been to ride the Northwest and Rockies in the last weeks of summer. I hit that area the last week of August thru the first weeks of Sep. The PNW has a nice Indian Summer. By then the schools are back in session and the touristos are mostly gone. You will have better luck with getting hotel/motel along the ride. If you are inclined to ride the Southwest, I suggest mid May. I have done it many times and find the temps good and chance of rain low.

Durn Tyler.. I liked it so much I'm going to read it again...

it's kinda like a good piece of road that you don't mind traveling over and over again..