thinking of trading in my 04

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAGO RUNNER

Reaction score
I am posting my 04 non ABS with A GIVI trunk BMS leather seats, brand new Michilin Road 2 rear tire for 7,50o.00, in the Austin TX area..looking to get an 08, with that finance offer $109.00 a month deal YAmaha has going on;.. Anybody know of a catch to that? I know after the term you have to pay like 16% or refinance...

I am posting my 04 non ABS with A GIVI trunk BMS leather seats, brand new Michilin Road 2 rear tire for 7,50o.00, in the Austin TX area..looking to get an 08, with that finance offer $109.00 a month deal YAmaha has going on;.. Anybody know of a catch to that? I know after the term you have to pay like 16% or refinance...

Howitzur,

Where you at man....here is your chance for a FEEJER!! Short drive down to Austin and ride that puppy back up? LAGO will hook you up.

Rex

RLTW!!

..looking to get an 08, with that finance offer $109.00 a month deal YAmaha has going on;.. Anybody know of a catch to that? I know after the term you have to pay like 16% or refinance...

From Yamaha's web site:

Sport Factory Financing - Current Offer Details

$109 per month for 36 months@ 6.99% APR*

Eligible Models: All new 2008 and prior year FJR1300 models.

Offer available January 1 through February 29, 2008.

*On approved Yamaha Card purchases. 6.99% APR and $109 payment for 36 months for amounts financed up to $17,500. The monthly payment may increase due to any debt cancellation or late payment fees. Paying only this amount will not pay off the purchase during this period. Thereafter, the regular Minimum Monthly Payment and Standard Rate APR of 12.99%, 16.99%, 18.99% or 22.99% APR apply. For Accounts not current, the promotion is cancelled, and the Default Rate 24.99% APR and regular Minimum Monthly Payments apply. Minimum Finance Charge $1. Certain rules apply to the allocation of payments and Finance Charges on your promotional purchase if you make more than one purchase on your Yamaha Card. Call 1-888-367-4310 or review your cardholder agreement for information. Offer good only in the United States, excluding Hawaii.

Dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection, gloves and boots. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For further information regarding the MSF course, please call 1-800-446-9227. Do not drink and ride. It is illegal and dangerous.

Paying only this amount will not pay off the purchase during this period. Thereafter, the regular Minimum Monthly Payment and Standard Rate APR of 12.99%, 16.99%, 18.99% or 22.99% APR apply.
In order to pay off $14,000.00 in three years at 6.9%, it would take a payment of about $430.00 a month.

:stop: Yikes! Unless there is something wrong with the '04, are the differences in model years worth paying that much (not to mention cost of farkles that you will inevitably add to the '08)?

Paying only this amount will not pay off the purchase during this period. Thereafter, the regular Minimum Monthly Payment and Standard Rate APR of 12.99%, 16.99%, 18.99% or 22.99% APR apply.
In order to pay off $14,000.00 in three years at 6.9%, it would take a payment of about $430.00 a month.
Ya thats the catch after the 36 mo. you will have to refi the remainder at a much higher interest rate with Yama or get your own...I would be able to use my bank after the three years..I would have a couple of pay raises by then...

:stop: Yikes! Unless there is something wrong with the '04, are the differences in model years worth paying that much (not to mention cost of farkles that you will inevitably add to the '08)?

ya thats the thing I have been really thinking about..I have 34k on my 04 now, and still running strong. but sure would like ABS...If I dont get what I want for my 04, I will ride it untill the wheels fall off ;)

Ya thats the catch after the 36 mo. you will have to refi the remainder at a much higher interest rate with Yama or get your own...I would be able to use my bank after the three years..I would have a couple of pay raises by then...
IF you'll do it in 30 months rather than 36. There have ben reports of issued getting the original contract closed and overlap......there have been reports.

The bigger question, to me, do you NEED to do this?

[SIZE=8pt]Sorry, its really none of my business and you ARE a grownup and I do have my own adult children.[/SIZE]

Eligible Models: All new 2008 and prior year FJR1300 models.Offer available January 1 through February 29, 2008.
They have '07 FJRs languishing on sales floors?

Last edited by a moderator:
IF you'll do it in 30 months rather than 36. There have ben reports of issued getting the original contract closed and overlap......there have been reports.

The bigger question, to me, do you NEED to do this?

[SIZE=8pt]Sorry, its really none of my business and you ARE a grownup and I do have my own adult children.[/SIZE]

Eligible Models: All new 2008 and prior year FJR1300 models.Offer available January 1 through February 29, 2008.
They have '07 FJRs languishing on sales floors?
Thanks for all the info guys I definatly have alot to think about.... <_<