This is why I like the rides on this forum vs that other one.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2osx

Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago down here in Portland, there was a group of PNW riders going on a ride and I figured that the wife and I would check it out for the first time. Well there were mostly Harleys, 3 sports bikes and another FJR. It was a very boring ride. With the FJR guys it is a bit more "spirited". I would like to meet more FJR guys in my area to ride with. I just figured that I would say thank you to you guys for making it such a good time.

Carl

So what'cha trying to say Carl. Everyone knows that we're a bunch of old slow guys here...There couldn't be folks older and slower than this senior group of like minded individuals, could there? I've found that you must choose your riding partners carefully, of course...look who I hang around with. :unsure: :ph34r:

See you Saturday.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya George, your right. That just reminds me that getting through the show this weekend is gonna take forever with all you damn old FJR farts pushing your walkers, not name names. (Niehart, Panman, blufjr just to name a few!) I digress. I'm gonna have to weave in and out of all you old guys like a dum young kid driving a stupid Honda with stickers, wing, and a fart can exhaust and think I'm fast just cause I passed you!!!! :tomato2: No, I just want you guys to know that I respect you guys (despite your very senior age group!) very highly and you guys are a huge benefit after I got my beloved bike. I used to have a CBR 929 a long time ago and I know and don't like how not all, but alot of those guys are, and I have ridden Harleys with other friends and even some of them I don't like their attitudes of their $h!t don't stink. It's funny, I haven't met any really that close to my age that rides an FJR. I tell you what, hanging out with you guys makes me feel like I am volenteering at a senior center, or at least hanging out at an Eagles concert where all you smell is BenGay. lol

Carl

That just reminds me that getting through the show this weekend is gonna take forever with all you damn old FJR farts pushing your walkers, not name names. (Niehart, Panman, blufjr just to name a few!) I digress. I'm gonna have to weave in and out of all you old guys like a dum young kid driving a stupid Honda with stickers, wing, and a fart can exhaust and think I'm fast just cause I passed you!!!!Carl
Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Carl: "What was that?" :dribble:

Stephen: "Oh, that's just a whippersnapper being passed by an old guy on a ZX-14."

:assassin: :assassin: :assassin: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo:

lol That is pretty good. You know, I was raised to respect my elders. So that being said, I respect you guys ALOT! So, to you, lead the way, because like they say, "Age Before Beauty!"

Carl

P.s. I have never seen it, but from what I hear, no one else mounts a walker to a bike with such style the way you do. Hats off to you, my friend. :hi:

You know, I was raised to respect my elders. So that being said, I respect you guys ALOT!
That being said, Will you still respect me when ya open that mail and find a picture of my near 50 ass in bikini briefs?

What about, say Old Micheal an Mad Mike too?

Seein's how I never did welcome ya, Consider this.... that.

:jester:

Carl, did you get the windshield parts?
I got the top and bottom "W"s. Now I just have about $30 in small hardware stuff to get. Almost have it on.

You know, I was raised to respect my elders. So that being said, I respect you guys ALOT!
That being said, Will you still respect me when ya open that mail and find a picture of my near 50 ass in bikini briefs?

What about, say Old Micheal an Mad Mike too?

Seein's how I never did welcome ya, Consider this.... that.

Now don't get me all exited like that. My young heart can only take so much!! lol

Carl

Also I will be leaving Portland at about 6pm and will be staying at AuburnFjr's house. So wont be able to respond to all your guys' whitty, sexy messages after 6pm.

With the FJR guys it is a bit more "spirited". I would like to meet more FJR guys in my area to ride with.
Me too.

Given the average age of FJR riders, I expected a sedate pace when I rode down to EOM. My first ride with a forum member was an eye opener. I got left for *DUST* as soon as the road got twisty. But being a forum member, he didn't just abandon me. He waited by the side of the road for me to catch up. Then he made me lead. After arriving at the hotel I told him how crazy smooth he was. He just grinned, shrugged his shoulders and said I was doing pretty damn good myself.

After talking to a bunch of these guys over the next a few days, you'd be wise to listen and hear what they have to say. Lots of experience here.

About 10 years ago I was considering a new Concours. I had the opportunity to ride one across Vancouver Island but it was going to be part of a Goldwing (GWRRA) ride... Ride Captain and all <insert groans here>. I still get frustrated when I think about that ride and all the good stuff I missed having to stay in formation. After lunch in Uclulet, I made a dash for the bike and did a solo blast back to the east side of the Island. Yes, I did buy a new Connie after that.

I think there is a youth movement with the FJR I am under thirty (till February) and didnt see many guys/gals close to my end of the age barometer until this past year on this forum or the other FJR forum I frequent. I hope us young guys dont ruin it cause old guys have money and can move to a new bike and leave us youngins to our devices and that could end ugly.

That is tru. I really like hanging with the "old" guys, (you know who you are), they do have alot of knowledge to share with us young guys.

Carl

Hangen' out with old guys.....yer gonna love bust then.....you can hang yer ass out for him any time of the week. He'll love you.....................

Hangen' out with old guys.....yer gonna love bust then.....you can hang yer ass out for him any time of the week. He'll love you.....................

Now why ya wanna go pimpin' me out like that pal? I told ya, you only get 10% of collected "Love Fees" regardless of what you do.

Frikin' career managers anyway!!!

I think there is a youth movement with the FJR I am under thirty (till February) and didnt see many guys/gals close to my end of the age barometer until this past year on this forum or the other FJR forum I frequent. I hope us young guys dont ruin it cause old guys have money and can move to a new bike and leave us youngins to our devices and that could end ugly.
Maybe....

I bought my first FJ when I was 26. Now I have the much better FJR and I'm 40