Thought y'all might like to see this photo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred H.

Reaction score
I broke 100K miles on my GL1800 yesterday.

large.jpg

Fred,

Quite a dashboard there, you sure thats not your Civic ? :lol:

Congrats, not many bikers get to see that kind of mileage !

Last edited by a moderator:
That must have taken some coordination to get exactly 100 MPH while hitting the 100000 ODO number, have the camera ready, and be drinking your Slurpee all at the same time... :blink: :lol:

How do we know it is your speedometer???? :yahoo: :yahoo:
How do you know I am really not a 70 year old gray haired lady and I made this all up using photoshop? Maybe I don't even own a motorcycle at all, and I am a 8 year boy who is bored and plays tricks on the internet.

Or maybe I took the speedometer all apart and glued the needle on 100mph and took the photo sitting still.

I guess some things you just have to take on faith. Or you could come by my house and look at my speedo for yourself if you want to ride down here. :D

That must have taken some coordination to get exactly 100 MPH while hitting the 100000 ODO number, have the camera ready, and be drinking your Slurpee all at the same time... :blink: :lol:
Yea, I spilled some of my slurpy on my seat.

I'm going with the 8 year old boy idea :clapping:

Nice shot Fred. i hope I can do the same with my wing someday. But now you have to shot one going 110 MPH at 110000 and 120 MPH at 120000. Its going to get harder and harder.......... better trade it in before you hit 200000! ;)

Congrats Fred! Slurpy in one hand, camera in the other, doing a ton with the MP3 player thumpin' out a disco beat... Sigh, I'm starting to miss my 1800.

By the by, is that the electric windshield farkle you have there?

Yea, I spilled some of my slurpy on my seat.

Which brings us to the reason for the hasty rush to the DQ obscured by the tumbleweeds on the horizon! :D

Easy Fred, couldn't resist a little humor. :bike:

Good grief. Screwed up my quote. Thought I had those figured out. :waaa:

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have one fast lens/shutter to not have blur in the photo. Most riders will stop to document the 100K mark, not impress us that the moment before impending death they were doing 100 MPH. Did you own the GL1800 the whole time or are the miles from some else? :p

Enjoy all the miles you can you never know when you've had your last ride.

Very impressive.

Few things sadder than a sickle collecting dust and cobwebs. Way to get some use out of it.

My high mileage bike was an '83 Honda XL600R, bought new and sold for scrap at 52k.

Hey! I had '83 XL600 as well! Sold it with 24k on it! I took it on a trip thru TN and the Carolinas...I'm still trembling from that trip!

What year of Wing is that, Fred? And congrats! Nice photo...How do you do that?