Throttle Valve Cleaning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
My throttle valves and throttle bodies are a bit dirty with oily grime. I have removed the air filter case and have good access to the throttle body inlets.

What's the best procedure for removing the grime from the throttle bodies?

Take a look down below in related threads, there is a bunch of good reading on the subject. I'm swaping out my 07 T/B's for 2012 T/B's for the easier return spring action and less of a ramp for throttle pull. I'm lucky to have them off as cleaning should be easier.

My throttle valves and throttle bodies are a bit dirty with oily grime. I have removed the air filter case and have good access to the throttle body inlets.

What's the best procedure for removing the grime from the throttle bodies?
Do you mean accumulated grime on the outside of the TB? I would try covering all openings and then using brake cleaner spray and a toothbrush on the exteriors.

Take a look down below in related threads, there is a bunch of good reading on the subject. I'm swaping out my 07 T/B's for 2012 T/B's for the easier return spring action and less of a ramp for throttle pull. I'm lucky to have them off as cleaning should be easier.
I put a throttle body assembly and ECU from a 2009 on my 2007. Had the injectors cleaned and balanced while apart. Time and $ VERY well spent. Smooooooth. Edit, found the thread on the injectors. https://www.fjrforum.com/threads/balanced-and-flow-tested-injectors-interested.178168/

Last edited: