Ticking Archive

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

New to list.

I just called the shop, they're done installing a factory refurbished head on my 05 with 14,740 miles.

I started noticing it at 4K, they listened to it at 5K, they checked the valve clearance at 8K.

I ran a couple of rallies and returned it to them with the current mileage on Wed. They gave me a loaner bike, Yamaha POS Road Star.

I'm picking it up today, Friday.

Not bad. Hope this one works out better.

Hey,
New to list.

I just called the shop, they're done installing a factory refurbished head on my 05 with 14,740 miles.

I started noticing it at 4K, they listened to it at 5K, they checked the valve clearance at 8K.

I ran a couple of rallies and returned it to them with the current mileage on Wed.  They gave me a loaner bike, Yamaha POS Road Star.

I'm picking it up today, Friday.

Not bad.  Hope this one works out better.
Good deal, Chris, keep us posted on the results.....

And BTW, welcome to the forum!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the bike back. It's very quiet.

Seems to have gotten back some power I didn't realize I had lost. It's much smoother going up through the rev's. Before it seemed to have a couple of flat spots, and the response just wasn't there.

The mechanic did not pull the head apart, and he didn't seem to be interested either.

So, problem solved, for now.

If it happen's again it will be out of warranty and I'll have to fix it with a Honda.